(888) 569-9499CONTACT US
0Item(s)

You have no items in your shopping cart.

Product was successfully added to your shopping cart.

Wouxun KG-805G GMRS Two Way Radio

95 122 100 0
OUR MOST POPULAR GMRS RADIO!!

Quick Overview

The Wouxun KG-805G is the radio that professional GMRS users have been waiting for. It's a true business quality radio designed with the needs of the GMRS power user in mind! It delivers 5 watts of power, repeater support, and exceptional audio quality with surprising ease of use.
Free Shipping
Best Seller
Great Value

Availability: In Stock

$79.99

Details

The Wouxun KG-805G is the radio that professional GMRS users have been waiting for. It's a true business quality radio designed with the needs of the GMRS power user in mind!

Finally, you don't have to sacrifice quality to get GMRS convenience. The KG-805G has the features and ease of use that are available in common lower quality FRS two-packs. All 22 standard channels are available, with a display that and menu that provides easy customization of common options like CTCSS/DCS codes.

You also don't have to sacrifice convenience to get business radio quality. The KG-805G is built to the standards of expensive commercial radios, both in durability and audio quality. The KG-805G transmits at up to 5 watts of power, and has built-in support for GMRS repeater channels. Configure your repeater access quickly with the ability to set your CTCSS/DCS code through the radio's menu.

Stop using business or amateur radios for GMRS. The Wouxun KG-805G is FCC approved specifically for GMRS use, so its use is completely legal!

Support for PC programming is not necessary, but is available. Some features can be customized using the optional programming software (free download) such as adding or removing channels or customizing the channel name, bandwidth, transmit power, or CTCSS/DCS codes. Support for up to 128 channels is provided, and receive-only channels can be added for any frequency in the 400-470 MHz range.

The KG-805G features 22 simplex GMRS channels and 8 GMRS repeater channels with 155 CTCSS and DCS privacy tones and codes, channel scan, and adjustable squelch. CTCSS and DCS tones can be set separately for transmit and receive.

Wouxun has built in a lighted LCD display with three backlight color options. Backlight colors can be customized based on transmit, receive or standby. The front panel keys are also backlit and voice prompts assist you with menu navigation.

Want more features? 76-108Mhz FM radio, transmit overtime alarm, low voltage prompt, channel name edit and display, and VOX (Voice Operated Transmit) for hands-free operation are all standard on this radio.

The 805G is also rated IP55 water resistant, a plus when taking it with you outdoors.

The KG 805G is powered by 7.4v 1700mAh (12.58Wh) Li-Ion battery pack for many hours of operation. Power Saver Mode helps increase efficiency and preserve battery life.

The Wouxun KG-805G comes with a rechargeable Li-Ion battery pack, belt clip, ANO-003G removable antenna, wrist strap, desktop charger, AC cord, owner's manual and a one year manufacturer warranty from Wouxun.

Wouxun KG-805G Series Questions and Answers

Yes. This radio is fully compatible with all 22 channel FRS, GMRS, or FRS/GMRS combo radios.
While this radio is easy to use and is compatible with other FRS/GMRS radios, it was designed with power users in mind. It is more durable and has better audio quality than typical consumer radios - basically, it is built like a business radio. It also has advanced features that would usually appeal more to "power users," such as repeater support and the ability to use PC programming software to customize the channels list.
Yes, if you use the programming software (available from the Downloads tab). The KG-805G supports up to 128 channels, and with the software you can add new channels or even remove standard ones. The CTCSS/DCS tones can be customized for each channel and can be different for transmit and receive.

Extra channels are useful for many reasons. If you access different repeaters that use the same frequency but different tones, it's more convenient to add each combination to its own channel instead of changing tones through the menu. Channels can also be given friendly names instead of a simple number, and the default channel names can be customized.

A programming cable is required to customize the radio through the software. Check the Accessories tab above for options.
There are two versions of this radio, the standard KG-805G and the KG-805G Basic. The difference is the KG-805G Basic costs less, but doesn't provide the ability to change CTCSS/DCS codes (privacy codes) directly from the radio's menu. It is possible to use CTCSS/DCS codes on the Basic version, but you must use the programming software to do so.

We think the KG-805G Basic works best for users who always talk within the same group of people and very rarely need to make changes to their channels once they're working. For example, if you're going to buy a few radios for you and your friends to use on camping trips, you're probably better off saving a few bucks and getting the Basic. If you frequently meet up with new groups of people for motorcycle riding, or travel often and want to use various repeaters, you should get the standard version.
Yes. Even though this radio is fully compatible with license free FRS radios, it has several features that make it fall under the GMRS service and not FRS. Some of these features are: 5 watts of power (FRS limit is 2), removable antenna (FRS must be fixed), and repeater support (FRS doesn't support repeaters). Check out our GMRS licensing FAQ page for more info.

Want a high quality radio that is compatible with the KG-805G and doesn't require a license? Check out the Wouxun KG-805F FRS radio.
Lots of reasons! In short, we've been in the radio business for a long time (since 2002) and we do things the right way. Our staff is here to help if you have a question or a problem. We stock these radios in our on-site warehouse, so if we tell you something will ship, then you can believe us. Our competitors come and go, but many depend on distributors to ship for them and have no control over when your order leaves. We're an authorized dealer for all of our brands, so you can be sure that your products will have their full warranty and not be counterfeit.

Wouxun Handheld GMRS Radio Feature Comparison

Wouxun Handheld GMRS Radio Feature Comparison
Item KG-805G KG-905G KG-S88G KG-935G
Receiver Type Superheterodyne Superheterodyne Superheterodyne Direct Conversion
Custom Channels 128 256 400 999
Channel Groups
Weather Channels
400-470 MHz UHF Receive
136-174 MHz VHF Receive
FM Radio
Full DTMF Keypad
Display Type Graphic LCD Graphic LCD Graphic LCD Full Color/Multi Theme
Dual Display Mode
Battery Pack 1700mAh 2600mAh 2000mAh 3200mAh
USB-C Charging Port
Dust/Water Protection IP55 IP66 IP67 (Submersible) IP66

Videos

Wouxun KG-805G Features

• 22 GMRS Channels
  • 8 GMRS Repeater Channels
  • Repeater Capable
  • 5 Watts Transmit Power
  • Superheterodyne Receiver
  • Li-Ion Battery Pack
  • Rechargeable Battery Included
  • Battery Charger
  • PC Programming Support
  • Add/Remove Channels (via software)
  • Supports 128 Channels (via software)
  • FM Radio
  • Alarm Feature
  • Channel Scan
  • Busy Channel Lockout
  • 155 CTCSS/DCS Tones
  • Backlit LCD Display
  • Backlit Keys
  • Battery Meter
  • Low Battery Alert
  • Power Saver
  • Timeout Timer
  • VOX
  • Key Lock
  • Audible Button Beeps
  • Drop-In Charge Capable
  • Audio Accessory Connector
  • IP55 Water Resistant
  • One Year Manufacturer Warranty

Included with the Wouxun KG-805G

• Wouxun KG-805G GMRS Two Way Radio
  • Li-Ion Battery Pack
  • Removable Antenna (ANO-003G)
  • Belt Clip
  • Wrist Strap
  • Charger Tray
  • AC Cable
  • Owners Manual

Wouxun KG-805G Specifications

• Dimensions: 2.46 in. x 4.72 in. x 1.57 in. (62.5mm × 120mm × 40mm)
  • Weight: 8.67 oz. (246g)
  • Antenna connector type: SMA Male (Standard)

Additional Information

Color Black
Warranty 1 Year
Quantity 1 Pack
IP Rating IP55
FCC ID WVTWOUXUN16
Channels 30
Maximum Output Power 5 Watts
Radio Type Handheld
Services GMRS
Integration Repeater Capable
Privacy Codes Analog/Digital (CTCSS/DCS)
  1. Good radio. Good service review by awoods97110 on 3/16/2024
    Rating

Well built, easy to set up, easy to use. For me, KG-805G is just the right amount of radio...a big step up from what I was using, but not too big or complicated. Practical.

2. Good radio, but... Trojan VIRUS in the software? review by WRHW845 on 2/18/2024
    Rating

Bought this 4 years ago. Good, solid radio. It has performed flawlessly for me. I didn't really need the commercial broadcast FM radio feature or stopwatch feature. Now for the but.... The software for computer loading it seems to trigger the Microsoft Defender Antivirus software into alerting for a Trojan virus and it gets quarantined. So I just install it when I need to change repeater channel information and then uninstall it and do a viral scan afterwards. I wish they would spend the time to fix this. Maybe it is best just to program the channels by hand.

3. A good radio... review by JR on 1/24/2024
    Rating

but has flaws due to poorly coded firmware. Such as the inability to add a memory channel w/o third party software. And keeping the backlight on whenever it is actively scanning, wasting power unnecessarily. If you want a glimpse of what really good firmware can do for a radio, just download a manual for any current Yaesu HT and have a read.

But for the price-point *on sale* it is still a darn good radio, as it's performance is above average.

4. Customer service review by Kenny on 1/24/2024
    Rating

Hands down the easiest company that I have work with when buying a product that I only had general knowledge of. Over a one week period I spoke with 3 different people each person was knowledgeable and great to work with. I have already passed the company name and # on to friends.

5. Good radio - great service ... review by JH .... on 1/19/2024
    Rating

Had a problem with the first one (no sound) - it was replaced asap with no problem. ... This one (2nd) works just fine.

6. Great little radio review by GMRS fan on 12/30/2023
    Rating

Very well made and top performing HT.
    Great little straight forward radio. Receive sensitivity and audio are great. Transmit quality is the same. I get great signal reports. Not a "feature rich" and it doesn't need to be.

7. Great Product….Great Service review by First timer on 12/10/2023
    Rating

The product was as described but I was surprised with the quality and operation. It didn’t feel like a cheap radio. Radio was shipped right away and delivered in two days. The discount was an added bonus. I would buy this again!

8. works great review by john on 11/14/2023
    Rating

im happy with it and the range is impressive. i even purchased an Ed Fong antenna. my son enjoys being able to have contact if i go out side to talk to my neighbor.

9. Wouxun KG-805G review by WRVJ360 on 7/11/2023
    Rating

I will make this short and sweet. I have not got to use the radio a lot. but so far I am happy with it.

10. Excellent combination of quality and practicality review by Rick330man on 6/21/2023
    Rating

Too many GMRS radios throw too much garbage at the buyer without focusing on what a user needs - a good GMRS radio. If I want a scanner, I'll buy one. Don't mislead by talking about X number of programmable channels when they are receive only. Give me a unit that has good build and audio quality and in which I can program a reasonably good number of repeater frequencies. The KG-805G is perfect! I liked the first one so much I suggested to my wife that one would make an excellent Fathers Day gift. I now have two.

11. Purchased two KG-805G Radios review by Mike from Queens on 2/9/2023
    Rating

I purchased these two radios to use for our HOA's emergency communications. The radios are superior to the FRS radios we currently have. The radios sound great too. Because the people that will be using these radios are not familiar with radio equipment, I chose the KG-805G because it does not have any buttons on the front of the equipment that might confuse or intimidate someone who needs to use the radio. It goes out 5 watts, it is simple to use and it sounds great. I am happy with the radios and will probably purchase more for our HOA.

12. Fast delivery! review by LC4Runnin' on 1/21/2023
    Rating

Haven't had a chance to use it yet but, the delivery was extremely fast.

13. Works Great review by CapBuster on 12/19/2022
    Rating

love this radio. I go out with the Jeepers and I can reach them all. I loaned it out once and had a hard time getting it back. Super easy to program

14. great intro radio for beginner gmrs'er review by Average Human Guy on 11/28/2022
    Rating

Most features of this radio are outstanding but found myself wanting more, so I ordered a kg935 this one will be a gift soon.
    Only issue I have is screen visibility as the radio is tilted up and down. Display disappears when you look down on the radio.

15. A+ review by Theoldman on 11/5/2022
    Rating

Yes fast shipping, good on the phone and then John on the phone to help an Old man setting up the base I have also got from them.
    Yes I will buy from them again!

16. Overall very good review by WWK on 10/23/2022
    Rating

The radio works great, I purchase two and I’m very happy with the radios. The sound quality really stands out, however one of my chargers did work, the red light flashes no matter what I do. The other charger works like it should, at least so far it’s only been about week that I’ve had it.

17. The radio review by DWOOD on 10/4/2022
    Rating

I have a Motorola HT 1250 and this KG-805-G is Not too many steps behind the Motorola #DWOOD nice real nice radio Great great audio I hit a Repeater this morning 143 miles away the band this morning was wide open and the atmosphere could not believe it the guy said I was a little snowy but the audio was real loud

18. Good quality radio , review by Steve on 10/1/2022
    Rating

Received radio and was well packaged for shipping. Very friendly and helpful .

19. Good radio for family review by John on 9/15/2022
    Rating

I bought two when they came out. Good range, solid signal, quality product. I gifted them to my daughter and family. A month ago 15 year old grandson dropped one in the water at 8800' fishing. Radio inoperable. After three days it was resurrected from the garbage and works like a charm. In the mean time I ordered a couple new KG-S88G's that just might grandson-proof our comms.

20. The best review by Robert on 8/16/2022
    Rating

Great little radio easy to operate. I was really surprised how easy this radio operates right out of the box. Programming features are easy also anyone can program this one. Anyone looking for a good 5 watt radio this is the one you should have.

21. Okay Radio review by 288 on 7/19/2022
    Rating

This is a good radio overall. The unit I received has a somewhat defective channel change dial, it's super hard to turn for half of a spin then a lot easier on the other half. I would like to see a little better QC for a hundred dollars but the radio does work.

22. GMRS review by Steve on 2/5/2022
    Rating

This is a great radio. I had been looking for a good GMRS radio and I found it.

23. Exactly as promised review by Daniel on 1/31/2022
    Rating

I had been using two 8 Watt Baofengs - very frustrating.
    Saw Randy from Notarubicon on YouTube, bought one to try. Easy to program, hit the repeater with the rubber duckie antenna, and and had great audio both ways. Get a purpose built GMRS radio, this Wouxun works excellent and is simple

24. Great radio review by Rich on 12/13/2021
    Rating

Good range, excellent audio. I haven’t heard another single operator since I’ve had them which is over a week with scan running the whole time. I know our GMRS repeater is on the blink right now. BuyTwoWayRadios is a great source of these things and others as well. I am very pleased.

25. Rugged, easy to follow instuctions and powerfull. review by Cecilio on 11/14/2021
    Rating

It is my third and last portable radio purchase. The other two were too simple or too complicated. This one hit the right spot for me.

26. Wanted the Prepper kit. review by FerrariMX5 on 10/16/2021
    Rating

Wanted the Prepper Walkie Talkie Kit because the kit included two 805 radios, two Spare High Capacity Batteries, Two Battery Eliminators, Two USB DC Charger Cables, Two "AA" Battery Cases at a great price, but alas, the kit was not shippable because of an incorrect cable included in the kit and it could not be sold until the kit was complete. So, I bought the one single 805 they were able to ship and added a 905 and two Nygoya antennas instead. The radios work very well compared to my set of GRMS Midlands

27. Wouxun's budget model, still head above the competition review by IM on 10/11/2021
    Rating

While I have both the 905 and the 935, this was a nice addition to the setup for family and group outings. Basic functionality, but very solid electronics inside. Needless to say, these are worlds better than the basic Midlands, and even many of the other import brands.

With the 935 doing everything I need, I kept my Baofeng/Btech radios around as pocketable backups or loaners for outings, but 1- I didn't trust their build quality, 2- I really didn't trust their range, and 3- I did not need them to be field-programmable; more buttons is a little intimidating to a novice user. But I liked that they were small and lightweight.

This replaces them 100% for that purpose. It's also not obsolesced by the 905, either.

For a few bucks less than the 905G, you lose the stock high-capacity battery (but there is one available for this model), the IP66 rating (but it is IP55 at least), and a few nice-to-have functions, like tone scanning, channel grouping, and the like.

But it certainly makes up for it by being so small, and yet still very durable. Easy to fit in a purse or a small jacket pocket, and still water-resistant. I can't say that for the 905 and larger HTs. They're really overkill for a lot of usual radio tasks, and this is a good alternate option. Audio quality and range is essentially identical. One more advantage: the little accessory port trapdoor is tethered and not going to get lost.

The screen is 14-segment LCD instead of a dot-matrix, but is clear and easy to read. Easy to customize with the Wouxun software—it's not officially supported by CHIRP, but channels are editable with an alternate driver.

My only drawback is that locking the keypad locks the channel knob as well, but that's a very short list.

If you're looking to upgrade from FRS or a Midland, this is an excellent handheld, and likely everything you'll need. But for myself and I'm sure many others, it's a very handy little addition to your radio fleet.

28. Good Radio review by Raydar on 10/11/2021
    Rating

Radio is simple to operate and sound quality is excellent. Item shipped very quickly I was impressed how fast it arrived. Purchased two radios and they are much better than the cheaper ones they replaced. time will tell how durable these radios are.

29. Dynamite review by WRNX on 9/25/2021
    Rating

True value.

- Smooth lines, no hotspots.
    - Fantastic left-handed ergonomics.
    - Highly textured PTT for reduced fumbling. Clicks easily, isn’t squishy.
    - Knobs feel just right, not too loose.
    - Uniformly illuminated display, with crisp characters.
    - Crystal clear RX and TX; others hear me easily while I speak quietly.
    - Lovely voice assistant. I enjoy the Chinese.
    - Stable free-standing.
    - Clicks easily into charger.

I didn’t like the idea of a belt clip affixed to the battery. But seeing that it’s a snap-on design is much more tolerable.

The green status light is indeed very bright. Will likely tint it with a marker.

30. Quality costs more. review by Mark A. on 9/13/2021
    Rating

I bought two radios so my wife and I can keep in contact when we are out of cell coverage. The only test performed so far was a LOS test of 3.5 miles which the radios handled easily. So, far so good.

My impression of the build quality is not as good. The batteries fit but fit poorly and the on/off volume knob is not quality. I compare it to my ICOM HD aircraft radio and it is night/day. Granted there is a price difference, hence the quality costs title.

31. BEST OF THE BUNCH review by Winchdoctor on 8/24/2021
    Rating

I also have GMRS handheld radios from Midland and Btech. The Wouxon has better range, better voice quality and less background noise near the extreme end of their range. It works well for us.

32. Buy it ! review by damonlan on 6/30/2021
    Rating

-First thing, this is the best GMRS handheld on the market, by far.
    -2nd thing, buy it, and along with your purchase get the programming cable. It will save you a lot of time.
    -3rd, 805 to 805, I can talk to my daughter and wife from my house, to over 5 miles away, in our high desert small community environment. Base station w tower antenna to 805 I can get them 15 plus miles, then they go behind the mountains out of our little valley.
    -4th, be sure you spend time to make sure the battery is completely secure to the radio. This seems to me to be a flaw with the radio design. Push each side/corner in separately and don't assume it is latched just because it isn't falling off. If you don't take your time with this, and observe the seams carefully to ensure the battery is installed correctly, don't be surprised when the radio falls off with the battery still clipped to your pocket.
    5th, I wish the belt clip was attached to the radio, not to the battery. Kind of a bad design, but not a super big deal. Don't let it stop you from making the purchase.

33. Great Range and easy use - A+ review by Former Ham Guy on 6/30/2021
    Rating

Save yourself some trouble and just buy two! Yes I purchased one to sample and use it to find that I want two. “Buy Two Two Way Radio’s”

Somehow I missed this!!

34. Outstanding performance review by BrianG on 6/28/2021
    Rating

For ages I had been using Midland GXT1000’s which only get about 1/4 mile range in real-world conditions. So I bought a pair of 805G’s and wow! What a difference. With the stock antenna I get about a mile of range, but with a Nagoya 771G I get at up to 2.5 miles of range. Sound quality is really good. Very happy. I just wish there was a way to charge them with USB.

35. Love these radios review by Bullwinkel on 6/28/2021
    Rating

I am new to gmrs. I wanted a high quality radio that we could take to the field for hunting, fishing, kayaking, hiking, and camping. I did a lot of research on different radios. I really don't want to get into ham just yet, maybe in a few years after I retire. So I stumbled upon the wouxon 805g after seeing a review on YouTube by notarubicon. Then I got onto buy two way radios. Yep I was sold! I received them the day before we headed out on a month long camping trip from Wisconsin to Maine and back home. These radios are Awesome! We used them everyday while hiking and easily got over 2 miles from each other and could hear perfectly. I was really impressed. They saved my marriage due to being in areas where we didn't have cell service. We normally use our phones while I back up the camper and she gives me directions. So we pulled out the radios and no yelling directions back and forth! I have used many different radios over the years and have had to wear them everyday for work since I was 18 (I'm 54 now just for reference) I haven't had time to program any of the repeater channels yet since we just got home yesterday. I also picked up the 15 in antenna for added range. These radios are solidly build and very lightweight. So after a month of use the only thing I would want to see changed is the channel knob could be just a little more snappy. It is kinda soft. If you are debating on radios just get these!

36. Excellent radio review by Bob D on 6/25/2021
    Rating

Just got one of these and it perfect for our use, light, small, easy to use, sounds great, well built, the size is just right for walking and hiking

37. Quality, Solid and Fun review by Rescue08 on 6/20/2021
    Rating

Upgraded from MIdland GXT 1000 for the repeater use and the quality of sound. While the seller video is good, you need the YouTube "Notarubicon" videos to get the How to program the repeater"basic course. Also MyGMRS is needed to find the repeaters.

38. excellent radio review by Bob P on 6/19/2021
    Rating

Good radio. really like . Works as advertised. So far, but really have not had the time to check out the distance. Really clear and easy to operate.

39. Nice Radio Overall review by damonlan on 6/4/2021
    Rating

Get the programming cable and software, it will make things much easier, although not needed. I am hitting repeaters 20 plus miles out, so I believe the 5 watt claim, unlike some other brands. My only complaint is the sheet metal tabs for securing the battery are a real PITA. Spend some time and make sure the battery is in place, or don't be surprised when the radio separates from the battery and belt clip. BTW, next version of this radio, hopefully they will attach the belt clip to the radio, not to the battery pack. I like the radio overall and will likely be purchasing a few more. 5 stars if not for the belt clip attaching to the battery, and the battery difficulty attaching tot the radio.

40. It's a very good radio! review by Mark WRDZ563 on 5/25/2021
    Rating

It seems to be a very well built radio, definitely better then any of the GMRS radios from the main manufacturers and those FRS toys found in stores. I can hear it from 3 miles away in a rural setting on high power. Sensitivity is very good and battery life is great. The audio is loud and clear with some background noise in the audio. I was able to change the channel lineup using the program available here on the site quite easily. Had it up and running within 20 minutes. It lacks a High/Low power option but I was able to get around it by making 2 channels for most of the channels. Don't need 5 watts and occupy 3 miles around me to talk to someone that 300 yards away. That's just not right and it's not good operational procedure. I'm actually surprised that the FCC allowed this radio to transmit on channels 8-13 with a detachable antenna, but it's good to have them. The only problem I have is not with this radio, but with people giving FRS radios to their toddlers as toys and them transmitting gibberish, screaming into the mic, and pushing that stupid "call" button all the time. It makes the scan function completely useless! Thanks. FCC, for completely wrecking GMRS for everyone!

41. Lives up to expectations review by Billg on 5/24/2021
    Rating

I had heard great things about the Wouxan 805g, so I decided to give it a try. I have not been disappointed. It transmits and receives clearly. Also, it is easy to program. I like it.

42. Wouxun KG-805G Radios review by Rocking Bob on 5/18/2021
    Rating

The Wouxun KG-805G Radios are good radio to have. I would buy them again if I had the money. I Like those radios there are great radios to have.

43. Good product review by Tom from Fl on 5/18/2021
    Rating

This is my second 805. The first one works amazing. Furthesr gmrs I have ever owned. I use it on daily bike rides in case I need to be picked up ANNNND....because I love the old fashioned sound of the FM radio playing music when I ride around. My wife has become so jealous that she has given me an ulitmatum, either buy her one for her hike or she is leaving me. Lol...kidding. She does however love the radio and I bought her one too. The only issue is, if i get a little bit to far ahead my favorite tune is inevitably interrupted by a voice interrupting the radio saying, hey dont leave me! Lol...can't make this up. It's a great little radio and honestly have nothing bad to say other than it's kinda quirky looking.

44. Good product review by Tom from Fl on 5/18/2021
    Rating

This is my second 805. The first one works amazing. Furthesr gmrs I have ever owned. I use it on daily bike rides in case I need to be picked up ANNNND....because I love the old fashioned sound of the FM radio playing music when I ride around. My wife has become so jealous that she has given me an ulitmatum, either buy her one for her hike or she is leaving me. Lol...kidding. She does however love the radio and I bought her one too. The only issue is, if i get a little bit to far ahead my favorite tune is inevitably interrupted by a voice interrupting the radio saying, hey dont leave me! Lol...can't make this up. It's a great little radio and honestly have nothing bad to say other than it's kinda quirky looking.

45. Very Good review by Ledbelly on 5/10/2021
    Rating

Good selection, good price, good radio, free shipping, no sales tax, good support! What more could anyone want?

46. excellent radio review by Frank on 5/3/2021
    Rating

KG 805 G excellent radio

47. Quality product. review by Marty on 5/3/2021
    Rating

Great radio and great service from buytwowayradios.com.

48. Really awesome radio review by Alex on 4/28/2021
    Rating

Bought this radio as it was recommended by Randy from the YouTube Channel NotaRubicon.com. Then took it out to the desert on an off road event with a large group. the radio delivered as advertised. Clear, crisp communication over various types of terrains and elevation. It was loud enough over my very loud jeep. I also bought the mic that goes with this radio and love it. Overall a great radio for those that are, either new to GRMS or seasoned GRMS operators. You can't go wrong.

49. Great Radio / Great Company review by Sir Fredrick on 4/27/2021
    Rating

First purchase of a GMRS radio. First purchase with B2WR.Com. Completely satisfied. Will probably buy a few more whenever they're back in stock.

50. By the KG 805 G now. excellent radio review by Ricardo on 4/22/2021
    Rating

Fast shipping everything package well easy to program easy to connect to repeaters 35 miles from my area indoors with the stock antenna good audio received and transmitting is clear on the radio with the five watt power I am happy that I purchased this radio we'll be buying another one in the future soon when they're back in stock ????

51. Simply works! review by GeezerKid on 4/17/2021
    Rating

This is a great radio. Most programming is easily done from the keypad. This radio is simple to use for beginners and more experienced radio users will like the ability to add more repeater channels for traveling.
    There are also a lot of great accessories available to make it better such as higher capacity batteries, 12v battery replacement, and antennas.

52. Wow!! review by George on 4/16/2021
    Rating

This radio blows the doors off other GMRS HT's. The RX is twice if not three times better than the other's. It also has features like priority channel scan that's very handy. Its a must buy.

53. Overall a good radio, easy to set up via menu or programming SW, and gets good audio reports review by Chuck on 4/15/2021
    Rating

I swapped this radio in when I returned my Radioddity GM 30 to another seller. This is a much better radio, and worth the extra money. I had no issues programming in repeaters and other settings via the software once I got the USB driver issues corrected on my laptop. The only odd option, at least to me is the flashlight. Seems silly to have that on the radio.

54. KG-805G review and programming review by Topterrier on 4/13/2021
    Rating

Overall, I am pleased with the KG-805G HT. It seems to be well built and easy to operate. I have not tested the transmit but I can receive far-away signals well. All the main GMRS channels and the low power channels are preprogrammed so that makes it easy. The FM radio is clear and can pick up far away stations.

The instructions are good and one can figure out how to program the global settings but not the frequencies especially the extra 128 frequencies. That must be done by the software.

I am having a difficult time programming the KG-805G using either the special Wouxun software or CHIRP using the Wouxun USB PCO-001 cable.

Like others have found, my Windows Defender or the McAfee antivirus will keep me from installing the Wouxun software which makes me leery of trying any farther.

I read that the KG-816 format in the CHIRP software will work with the KG-805G but I cannot get the radio to connect to the CHIRP software. I get error messages.

The PCO-001 cable will load up a driver by itself on Windows 10 and I can see it on the devices list but CHIRP says that it can't find the file.

I'll check back later for any improvements in the software.

55. great radio review by EV on 4/13/2021
    Rating

Great radio and fast shipping (same day) I'm amazed at the range of this radio

56. kg-805g review by Donm on 4/13/2021
    Rating

well pleased with product. awesome radio.

57. Poor Distance review by Lakemen on 4/13/2021
    Rating

Having problems reaching my repeater unless I go outside.

58. Great Radio review by Okie Scrapper on 4/11/2021
    Rating

I have this radio hooked up to my base antenna, the antenna is about 30 feet in the air, and the radio can hit the repeater 30 miles away and sounds good, I have 5 acre's of land my daughter has a home on the land too, she just got a storm shelter in and my radio's work good talking to each other when we are in the shelters with doors shut, they will work great for emergency coms here at home. and it is fun to talk to others through the repeater

59. A solid radio review by MarkC on 4/10/2021
    Rating

A solidly built handheld radio at a great price. Backordered but arrived a day early! An email to Customer Service (about an issue that should have been covered in the manual but wasn't*) was returned quickly.
    * Press and hold EXIT to unlock the radio.

60. Great radio review by Lew on 4/10/2021
    Rating

This is my second one of these radios. I bought this one for my son. I really like the features. Being preprogrammed saves a lot of time. I did put a Nagoya antenna on them because the antenna to improve performance.

61. Excellent Entry-Level Radio review by Matt on 4/7/2021
    Rating

This is an excellent radio for those ready to step up from the "blister pack" handhelds. In our area, we get about 1/2 mile with our Motorola T260TP at GOOD/READABLE. We figured on 2 miles for these Wouxun. We were right- but I was in a car at 2+ miles and we checked LOUD/CLEAR. We did switch out the included antenna for a Nagoya NA-771 aftermarket antenna. The set-up on these is easy enough with beginner-accessible instructions. What you CAN'T get from the instructions, you CAN get from BuyTwoWayRadios' customer service. I realize that all companies claim to pride themselves on cust svc... this one lives up to it. Robert came through for me and I could not be more pleased with this order. Look for me to buy a 50W base station by Xmas of this year!

62. Super average review by Juanito on 4/7/2021
    Rating

This radio is super average. The receive is slightly more sensitive than the Baofeng GMRS model, however, the baofeng is capable of receiving across more uhf channels than this model and has dual channel transmit and receive.

This radio is mostly hype.

63. Great radios review by Ricjh on 4/6/2021
    Rating

Great radios but brand new and dont detect charging on either cradle.

64. Great radio review by Lew on 4/2/2021
    Rating

I haven't been able to distance test it yet. I was waiting for a second radio for my son so we can improve our comms. I have his now but just got out of the hospital. As far as I can check it out and use it at close range, the radio is great. I like that it is preprogrammed. I only have to program tones.

65. Just one thing could make it perfect. review by Terry on 3/30/2021
    Rating

Great radio, only nick is that you have to go into the menu to adjust the squelch, they could have used the channel knob on top for squelch.

66. A Great Deal review by mgmetro on 3/21/2021
    Rating

I ordered this radio when it was out of stock and they sent me a notice letting me know it was again available and that it would be delivered soon. It arrived fairly quickly. I had a problem with the charging cradle in that it didn't work. I let them know about this problem and they quickly sent me another cradle at no charge. I've been enjoying this radio and find it very easy to enter my local GMRS repeaters.

67. Overall Awesome Radio review by Mike on 3/17/2021
    Rating

For the pice, honestly this radionis fantastic. It's sturdy, well built, works extremely well and is the perfect radio for anyone in GMRS. Its my primary hand held. Only reason I gave it a 4 out of 5 is the newest model has better dirt and water resistance and the fact this radio does not have weather alert. I would trade the FM radio for weather alert. But overall I'm very satisfied. I use my other cheap handheld and CB for weather alert

68. Exceeded my expectations. review by Roger on 3/1/2021
    Rating

It took a little longer to get here by the USPS, but the radio came pre-programmed for GMRS and all I had to do was enter the tones for the repeaters in my area. The radio's audio is clear as a bell and lots of my GMRS contacts compliments me on the audio. I am very pleased with the purchase.

69. Awesome radios review by Wallace B on 2/28/2021
    Rating

We purchased two hand helds and two 25W Mobil units a few of our scout leaders got GMRS licenses. The range on these is absolutely amazing!! We convoy to campouts many times were in places that have poor cell reception. This keeps us all on the same page.. due to covid we end up splitting our hikes into patrols this allows us to keep in touch. With a heavy hitter in two vehicles we can locate both groups of an Emmergency arises. We had cheaper radio sets that just didn’t preform these are a commercial duty long battery life unit just night and day difference. You won’t regret it. 8 to 10 mile range no problem

70. As promised, but... review by BrianE on 2/28/2021
    Rating

I belong to a GMRS repeater group and have paired this up with a Nagoya 771G. not as easy to program the repeaters as some of the other Chinese radios. Also, the video said my Baofeng programming cable should work.... ummm no. Had to wait another few days and spend another $20 for a cable. Only other complaint is that when in scan mode, the back light stays lit.

71. Excellent Radio review by Brock on 2/27/2021
    Rating

These radios live up to everything I expected plus! I will be looking at there Ham Radio line based on the excellent quality of these GMRS radios.

72. 1 complaint review by Bill on 2/25/2021
    Rating

Great radio, wish it had key lock button.

[Note from Buy Two Way Radios: Check out the AUTOLK menu item for automatic key locking.]

73. Just what I needed review by Robert on 2/24/2021
    Rating

I ordered this radio for any event, such as the one that hit our region last week. Despite rolling blackouts and brownouts this heat allowed for uninterrupted coms. It was easy to set up and transmit with. I can’t wait to test it out in future events.
    My order was fulfilled and shipped quickly and tracking information was provided accordingly. I will be ordering more equipment soon.

74. Outstanding GMRS HT review by Pat P on 2/21/2021
    Rating

All indications are that the KG-805G is worthy of its great reviews! The radio is of very solid construction and does not feel cheap in any way. The features are very complete with an easy-to-access menu. The computer software for connection worked perfectly the first time, although the default configurations appear very appropriate. To me, this is an outstanding if not perfect choice for communicating through GMRS.

75. Great games radio review by Mike on 2/21/2021
    Rating

Only used it for a month but love it! Great quality, easy to program, gun to use.!

76. Great radio review by Jim on 2/20/2021
    Rating

Now have 3 kg-805g radios , well built , great receiver quality and easy to program. Nice addition to my other ham radio handhelds. . Buytwowayradios.com a great place to buy.

77. Simple to use review by 1984ishere on 2/20/2021
    Rating

The only thing missing is a way to turn the transmit power down on GMRS. Through the radio it’s self. Needs NOAA alert. Already on the radio would be nice.

78. Great Value/solid radio review by Dave from Texas on 2/19/2021
    Rating

Bought 2 radios. Immediately put them to use when huge power outage/never before snow and ice storm hit Texas this month (writing this review under home generator power). Wife and radio, I had radio and neighbor had his GMRS, we used them every day..all day (they are still on and monitoring). Battery on this radio is outstanding. Solid build, dropped mine twice falling in the snow....picked it up blew it off...no problem. Buy the best, buy it once. Watch YouTube reviews on these radios, they are solid!
    Dave

79. Great little radio for GMRS review by Scott E. on 2/15/2021
    Rating

Wouxun KG- 805G work good and sound loud for the money.

80. Fantastic review by El Conquistador on 2/15/2021
    Rating

I originally purchased two Cobra MR HH450's and was excited to have GMRS and VHF capability. The radios seemed very high quality but there was one problem... you couldn't hear a thing when trying to communicate. If you put your lips right to the microphone you could get a faint signal but if there was any background noise forget hearing what the other person was saying. So I returned the Cobras and got some advice from BTWR.com no on the Wouxun 805G. Flat out, these radios are fantastic. Wish they had VHF capability so I could use on my boat but happy to sacrifice that for the performance of these units. Communicating with my neighbor is impossible with any FRS radio I have used and it is crystal clear with the 805's. Couldn't be happier.

81. GREAT RADIO review by SEABUG on 2/14/2021
    Rating

I purchased this, mainly, for my Wife to contact me in the car when she is Home. She loves it. most radios she has trouble holding down the PTT due to her arthritis, but not this one. I love it too. Great range and clarity. Buytwowayradios are a breeze to deal with.

82. Great Radio review by AJ on 2/13/2021
    Rating

I decided to go GMRS instead of HAM. I find this radio very easy to program and use. This radio feels great in the hand and not a dozen buttons on the front like others. Perfect for my needs. I just wish it had the weather channels but not a deal-breaker at all.

83. Great Radio review by Duane on 2/10/2021
    Rating

This is a great radio for someone like myself that is wanting to get into gmrs radios with repeater capability.. The radio is solid, well made and easy to use.. I liked it so much I purchased a second one..

84. Excellent for price and ease review by 0atMMC on 2/7/2021
    Rating

Very nice quality and easy to use for a novice. Programming for family use was easy on software. Delivery and service was great.

85. Great radio - meets CERT specifications review by w2ward on 2/7/2021
    Rating

I bought this radio at the recommendation of our CERT radio expert. Our CERT expert is standardizing this radio for our emergency radio network. The radio is heavy duty, easy to program and easy to use. Purchase was easy and delivery was fast. I like all the option choices and all the articles about GMRS. I recently order several accessories and the customer rep was very helpful. I don't need another KG-805G but I will recommend it and Buy Two Way Radios to purchase from.

86. great GMRS radio review by Brad on 1/24/2021
    Rating

I was glad to a GMRS radio, with simplicity in mind also a full 5 watts of power. Many other radios have too many buttons to get the operator off track this one does not. I am very pleased with this radio.

87. Nice radio review by Boll on 1/23/2021
    Rating

For the price you cant beat this radio...I talk 3 miles on a regular basis and sometimes farther we have a lot of hollscand hollers..I did put a 15 inch antenna on it and it was much better...over all a great and easy to use rafio..will buy again...Bill

88. Great Sound and Decent Range, SWR high on provided antennas review by Peter on 1/19/2021
    Rating

This radio does have a decent range. With a 15in antenna was pushing 1.5mi. through woods and rolling hills. Sound was clear up until point of signal loss. Output does seem to be 2 watts no low, 4.5 watts on high.

My only dislike is the fact that the provided rubber ducky antennas were pushing 4.5 SWR reading when their own manual suggest 1 to 1.5. I don't expect perfection, but I'd expect the provided antennas not be a risk to overheating the internals of the radio... this was true for 2 out of 2 radios purchased.

89. Good product better price review by Tom from FL on 1/16/2021
    Rating

This is a good little talker. In typical flat Florida terrain (palmetto palms and fl homes) it transmits about 1.5 miles. In comparison, my bubble back radio goes about 1/2 that distance in the same senario. Well built. All the Wouxon components fit well. Solid radio.

90. Nice review by John on 12/15/2020
    Rating

Great little radio for GMRS. Power output is approx. 4.2 watts. Good feel in the hand and seems fairly stout.

91. User friendly radio review by Carl on 12/12/2020
    Rating

This radio is ready to go out of the box! menu functions are easy to use the repeater channels are just as easy good quality performs great I am going to purchase two more in the future highly recommend.

92. great radio BUT lacks repeater setup instructions review by MacJack on 12/7/2020
    Rating

This radio so good I purchased a second one. I'm a newbie and lack of instructions for setting up the repeater channels is an issue over T Day holiday closing. So I got Chirp software and just made it work on first radio. Second radio I understood that it was programed for a +5 but no where does it say is. Surprising to me as to BTWR said it has a close relationship with mfg since they said they wrote the manual for my next purchase the Wouxun KG-1000G GMRS Base/Mobile Two Way Radio. Yes I saw the podcast... So do us a favor BTWR and add a slip of paper as to what to do in setting up repeater and you may want to go to myGMRS.com and post some answers as I counted 10 people having issues on this and told them to contact me as not getting help from mfg or you.... (yes after holiday I called and no help. But the radio was so good I purchased from you a second one. Now waiting for two items that are out of stock in my wishlist. I'm not giving up on you guys as you are the best show in town... just need you to help us newbie... as my G daughters says after I scold her, still love you PaPa...

93. great radio BUT lacks repeater setup instructions review by MacJack on 12/7/2020
    Rating

This radio so good I purchased a second one. I'm a newbie and lack of instructions for setting up the repeater channels is an issue over T Day holiday closing. So I got Chirp software and just made it work on first radio. Second radio I understood that it was programed for a +5 but no where does it say is. Surprising to me as to BTWR said it has a close relationship with mfg since they said they wrote the manual for my next purchase the Wouxun KG-1000G GMRS Base/Mobile Two Way Radio. Yes I saw the podcast... So do us a favor BTWR and add a slip of paper as to what to do in setting up repeater and you may want to go to myGMRS.com and post some answers as I counted 10 people having issues on this and told them to contact me as not getting help from mfg or you.... (yes after holiday I called and no help. But the radio was so good I purchased from you a second one. Now waiting for two items that are out of stock in my wishlist. I'm not giving up on you guys as you are the best show in town... just need you to help us newbie... as my G daughters says after I scold her, still love you PaPa...

94. great radio review by Larry on 11/16/2020
    Rating

I bought the kg805 so I could use local repeaters. Radio works great. Can hit a repeater kabout 20 miles away. Just what I wanted. Customer service is great. Rob is very patient. Very satisfied with purchase and service. Highly recommend.

95. Instruction weak review by Al on 11/15/2020
    Rating

This is a good radio however the operating instructions are very weak.

96. Great radio review by Carl on 11/8/2020
    Rating

This is my second 805G. I like that it is able to use split tones to send and receive to my local GMRS repeaters. If you can make a replacement to the Midland MXT-275, I’m all in!

What can be better? The ability to remove channels from the scan list on device like the Motorola 355R

97. Quality & compact GMRS radio review by Eric on 11/6/2020
    Rating

I don't have much to add that the recent reviews haven't covered. Despite being an electrical engineer, I'm relatively new to mobile, handheld radios. First impressions are that these are great! Compact enough that I don't mind carrying them while climbing, skiing, etc., yet the quality is high and they are powerful performers in the GMRS spectrum (unlike lower power FRS only).

NOTE: There is a typo in the User's Manual. Channels RPT15-RPT22 are actually 467.550 - 467.725 MHz, not 462.550 - 462.725 MHz. Handhelds (in the US) are only allowed to transmit to repeaters on these channels. The channel names are correct but the manual has these listed as the same channels as 15-22, the 462.xxx MHz channels.

98. Good radio review by John on 10/24/2020
    Rating

So far this has been a great radio. There's a lot to it, and I suggest watching the excellent videos BuyTwoWayRadios has on Youtube. They will save you hours of trying to figure stuff out.

99. Awesome GMRS radio review by Ben on 10/6/2020
    Rating

The KG-805G radios work well. I currently have 3 (oct 2020) and plan on ordering more. Good receiver sensitivity and selectivity. Wouxun provides free programming software that works ok. The 805 looks and feels well built and have plenty of accessories to choose from.
    If you are looking for a real radio that holds up, these are the ones to get.

100. Good, sensitive, GMRS radio review by vsp on 9/7/2020
    Rating

Tested following in wooded area with 1,2,3 floor houses all around neighborhood (no wide open areas). All with standard antenna

(1) FRS Channel 8 (0.5 watts) . One end inside house, the other end about 1.2 miles away.
    Overall 4 out of 5. There were a couple of spots with 2 or 3 out of 5.
    I think this is pretty impressive for 0.5 watts

(2) GMRS channel 5 (5 watt). I am getting about 3 miles (simplex of course).
    But for that I needed to install the nagoia 15 inch antenna on at least one radio (did not try with both having the antenna upgrade).
    With standard antennas, I was getting lot of static.
    Squelch was set to 1 to allow maximum transmission.

---
    I like that the radio has squelch control. Scan function and ability to set DCS tones for each channel individually.

Also useful, that you can listen to FM, and radio will automatically switch to RX when it gets a transmission on your channel, and transmission matches your DCS code.

This way you can enjoy FM (if you actually like your local programming!), but will be able to get contact, when being called.

I like that it can change background color when getting RX, or doing TX (transmission).

Feels well built, great to have removable batteries, of course.

---

Improvements that I would recommend for this top tier product are the following:

(1) allow to scan on the background while listening to FM

(2) add a mp3 player function (I hate my local FM programming!)

(3) add weather channel such that at least every X hours you can get the weather broadcast for say 2 minutes in length (both X and minutes configurable)

(4) My battery goes down from 8.2 V to 7.7V after may be 20 short transmissions, not sure if that's how it is supposed to work or not.
    Battery goes down to 5.9V or so before it starts beeping. It is not clear what manufacture expects the life of the battery to be, so this is just an observation.. I personally, would like to last it for at least 5 days with 10 min transmission time per day, and stand-by on receive 24x5 -- but may be this is too much to ask!

(5) A small led flash light on the back of the battery
    (even independent of the radio) would be nice.
    After all, this is for family communications, and family communications do not end at 5pm

(6) I would like to be able to configure 2W, 0.5w or 5W on GMRS channels. Right now GMRS channels are hardcoded to 5w and FRS channels 8-14 are hardcoded to 0.5W.
    Clearly, the FRS channels should not be configurable. But I would like to configure GMRS channels to lower power settings, optionally.

Good radio usage practice is to use only as much power as needed. This is FCC guidance (but not a requirement). And for some channels I do not need 5W, I would like 2W or even 0.5. So I would like to be able to configure it.

101. BEST OF THE BEST GMRS RADIO!!! review by WRBW762 on 9/7/2020
    Rating

IS ALL YOU NEED TO ENJOY GMRS!!!

102. Great radio review by bosboy on 9/2/2020
    Rating

Excellent overall radio and easy to use.

103. Great Value review by Peter on 9/1/2020
    Rating

Performs well, solidly constructed. Does what it says and is reliable.

104. A solid and functional radio review by Radioman on 8/29/2020
    Rating

I've just had 2 of these for a few days. Initial impressions: This handheld is fairly easy to set up and use, and is simple because it is a dedicated GMRS transceiver. Changeable antenna a must. Range of communications seems good. Keylock feature useful. I plan to use these for family communications when camping or hiking.

105. Solid Gmrs Radio review by HotKarlHungus on 8/29/2020
    Rating

Works great. Able to hit a few repeaters locally. Easy to program. Enjoy being able to program the same frequency multiple times and name them so I can hit repeaters on road trips. Had the btech but returned it after trying this radio out.

106. Great Product review by RD on 8/23/2020
    Rating

This is a great radio that performed as described .
    Also, service from Buytwowayradios ... is first class .7

107. Excellent reception review by PhilH on 8/22/2020
    Rating

I bought both the BTECH v1 and this radio to compare them against each other. Both have their strong points but one standout for the 805g is its ability to pull in distant stations. A side by side comparison, sharing various antennas between the two radios, showed the 805g to be consistently a better performer on receive.

108. Wonderful review by TomTom on 8/19/2020
    Rating

I have truly enjoyed these radios out on the ranch. The range is so much better than the local electronics stores. Battery life is also great. Having FM stations is also handy if there is an emergency. (I live in a hurricane prone area)

109. Excellent Radio for the money review by VictorJeff on 8/16/2020
    Rating

I have been impressed by the power and function of the radio. I live in Upstate NY and use a repeater that sits 2000 feet AGL . The repeater is over 35 miles away and I have no problem talking through the repeater.

Still a novice but the 2 KG-805G that I bot from BuyTwoWayRadio.com are great.

I have talked to the team in SC on a few occasions and they are awesome !

110. You don't know what you have till you buy something better. review by Joe Liberty on 8/5/2020
    Rating

Impressed with this little radio. Little powerhouse of a radio. Have not used it much yet but I have been able to receive about 3 miles in a hilly rural area. Much better than the other GMRS radios have had. Puts the others to shame. Thinking about hooking up to an external antenna just to see what it can do. Maybe get a chance to use the repeater functionality. Need to buy a couple more... :-)

111. Good Radio review by D4 on 5/26/2020
    Rating

I Like this Radio, its exactly what I was looking for.

112. Top knotch service and product review by Will on 5/24/2020
    Rating

I spent a long time of research for radios and earpieces. As soon as I contacted two my worries were over in this respect. Knowledgeable, professional and great products.
    Thank You,
    William

113. Solid radio for the money. review by Kaz on 5/9/2020
    Rating

Love this radio. Beats blister pack radios hands down. Easy to program ctcss/dcs codes from the keypad or optional pc cable. FM radio is a nice feature, just wish you could scan while listening to radio and the battery fit a little better. Would recommend to anyone looking for a gmrs HT. Buy Two Way Radio's had very fast shipping even during covid-19 crisis. Will buy from them again. I bought two and have no real complaints. Now can they make a mobile unit.

114. Solid radio for the money. review by Kaz on 5/9/2020
    Rating

Love this radio. Beats blister pack radios hands down. Easy to program ctcss/dcs codes from the keypad or optional pc cable. FM radio is a nice feature, just wish you could scan while listening to radio and the battery fit a little better. Would recommend to anyone looking for a gmrs HT. Buy Two Way Radio's had very fast shipping even during covid-19 crisis. Will buy from them again. I bough two and have no real complaints.

115. Best portable GMRS radio review by Amgovret97 on 4/16/2020
    Rating

I really love the fact that this radio can be programmed with multiple like frequencies differing only in tones. I have three repeaters on the same frequency with different tone squelches. The only problem I have is a glitch in the software that will not allow you to print the list of frequencies. One must take a screen shot of the list, and print from that. The radio is the best.

116. As advertised review by JT on 4/11/2020
    Rating

Great radio for the price and they work well. Clarity has been great and easy to use. Customer service was excellent and they recommended these radios for my purpose even though i was willing to spend more, which i appreciated!

117. Excellent Urban Radio review by Lee on 4/1/2020
    Rating

We use radios in our CERT team (called NET in Portland, OR), and in our 30 story steel and concrete apartment building. This radio perfrorms better than we had hoped sending clear signals 30 stories and throughout our dense, urban, highrise neighborhood. We are very pleased.

118. Small package well designed. review by Bill on 3/13/2020
    Rating

The radios Minimalistic design works perfect. Well thought out and very easy to use. Sound and build quality is very good. Although only 4 Watts Transmit Power, the radio performs well. In fact, performs so well for a small package, I have bought three of these radios.

119. Good Radio review by Steve on 3/9/2020
    Rating

Really nice radio. Do not think you can beat it at this price. Great sound and really good reach with the higher wattage. I live in a rural area branching into a small town. Great travel on send and receive. Clear and crisp. Kicked on the FM radio function and it works great!

120. Very Good product review by ddm on 2/27/2020
    Rating

It is about time that a company produced a portable that has the repeater frequencies built in and 4 watts of power for the GMRS frequencies. Midland produced the mobile radios but this is the first portable that really works. Very easy to add and edit CTCSS tones for both transmit and receive frequencies.

121. Good HT review by Scott Haney on 2/21/2020
    Rating

I have just started testing this HT, but it beats my Btech GMRS-V1 for range (both with factory antennas). So far, I have been able to hit my base station (30' AGL antenna) from up to 10 miles across rolling terrain. The PTT button frequently sticks in the XMIT position, and I have to flick it to release it. I would like to see a Firmware? change that would allow for programming multiple custom "channels", by which I mean combinations of frequency+PL tone+name on the FCC-allowed frequencies with the appropriate power level and bandwidth. The KG-UV6D parent radio of the 805 can store 199 memory channels, so I do not see why the 805 could not store about that many as well. So far, I am impressed with the radio.

I wish Wouxun or another company would make a 50W mobile GMRS unit with wideband capability, and the programming featrues I listed above. I have the Btech GMRS mobile,and it seems like a good unit, but lacks the custom channels feature.

the other thing needed for GMRS is IP67/ruggedized transceivers.

At this point, I will recommend this radio to my family and friends,as I am the "commo guy" for them.

122. Great product review by Lyle on 1/6/2020
    Rating

No item is perfect but I still give this radio 5 stars. Great sound quality and performance. Very well made and I will be ordering more for the family. I have tested this over the last two weeks and am glad I purchased it. Nice to have a good GMRS radio that is repeater capable and strong battery.

Write Your Own Review

How do you rate this product? *

1 star 2 stars 3 stars 4 stars 5 stars
Rating

Also Purchased