Need Help with Icom F21 and F21GM Radios

WB8NUT

Question

I have several F21 and F21GM radios.

I made a programming change on the channels and now the repeater channels only work on channels 1 and 2 and not on the rest of the other repeater channels. Talk Around works on channels 1 and 2, but not on the rest of the repeater channels.

BTW, when I say the repeater channels (3 through 7) are not working, they are acting like talk around and only transmitting on the repeater output. When using the Talk Around button to try to get them back to normal repeater operation, a get a dull tone instead of the tone on channels 1 and 2 when using Talk Around.

Really baffled by this. Anyone have a suggestion? The programming for channels 3 to 7 look like they do on 1 and 2.

Thanks in advance.

Duffy

4 answers to this question

Thanks Gary, I know what the original programming is for the radio. The only difference is I have added tones to access the repeaters. The issue is that channels 1 and 2 work on repeaters just fine.

Channels 3 through 7 will work only as simplex channels on the repeater output even though the inputs and outputs are different. Those channels will not transmit on the repeater input frequencies.