Welcome!

rdunajewski

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi everyone.  I was just surfing for some information when I found this site.  I like the fact that it seems very busy.  I've already learned a few things from the forum.  I've had GMRS radios for a few year, but never have heard anything on them.  I live in western, NY, on the NY?PA line, and it's quite hilly here, so I suppose that has a lot to do with it.

Hi everyone.  I was just surfing for some information when I found this site.  I like the fact that it seems very busy.  I've already learned a few things from the forum.  I've had GMRS radios for a few year, but never have heard anything on them.  I live in western, NY, on the NY?PA line, and it's quite hilly here, so I suppose that has a lot to do with it.

Welcome!  Glad you made it over.

Yes, in rough/steep terrain, most radio services have some issues.  GMRS is a line of sight service, meaning the more stuff is blocking the path the the other station, the worse the performance will be.  Elevation is your friend.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone. Newbie here myself in Michigan. I see there is a lot of information on here. I see this is a good group of people.

Thank you for all the forums provided on here. Look to make my first contact on GMRS sometime soon. Just received my call sign.

WRHW452.

Possibly later on to try for HAM, but for now I am excited to learn the basics of GMRS and gain knowledge from those who have superior experience.

Hello everyone. Newbie here myself in Michigan. I see there is a lot of information on here. I see this is a good group of people.

Thank you for all the forums provided on here. Look to make my first contact on GMRS sometime soon. Just received my call sign.

WRHW452.

Possibly later on to try for HAM, but for now I am excited to learn the basics of GMRS and gain knowledge from those who have superior experience.

Welcome to the neighborhood.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, I'm a GMRS ' Noob ' from NW Ohio.

I've purchased a Midland MXT400VP3 bundle and plan on using it as a base. I'm currently looking for a 5 watt handheld to use as a mobile out in the field.

( Please see my related post on the handheld subject. )

I'm learning a lot here and I want to thank everyone for the information I've been reading.

Greg

WRJD307

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New to GMRS.  Long long long ago CB'er back before it became the wild west.   Well, maybe not as wild a west as is currently.   Looking forward to the GMRS experience.   Retired but you know how it is...the more you do, the more you do.   GMRS can help fill in the empty spots.  

Hello everyone, I am new to GMRS and I just got my GMRS license (WRJL853).  While I've been waiting for my license I've been playing around with my handheld radio and reading alot here and elsewhere.  Looking forward to keepin on with the learning and enjoying a new hobby!

-Concord, NC

• 4 weeks later...

Hello folks ... new guy to the forum here and a new GMRS user WRJT529 ... I purchased the Midland MXT400 for my mobile / base and also a couple of the midland GXT1050 50 channel two ways in camo :) ... definitely looking forward to participating on the forum and learning all I can from y’all ...

Todd

Amelia Island Flpost-3813-0-46859900-1603676612_thumb.jpeg

Welcome to the club. Enjoy the reading and the conversation.

Michael

WRHS965

KE8PLM

Hello folks ... new guy to the forum here and a new GMRS user WRJT529 ... I purchased the Midland MXT400 for my mobile / base and also a couple of the midland GXT1050 50 channel two ways in camo :) ... definitely looking forward to participating on the forum and learning all I can from y’all ...

Todd

Amelia Island Fl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WRJT555, Greetings from Lincoln, Massachusetts!

I just received my GMRS license, and this is my gateway to Technician Amateur (currently studying and planning for exam). I am looking to learn, so I'm excited to be part of this group. I plan to use GMRS mostly for family, recreation and such, and want to learn more about how I can use repeaters for this purpose. 

Brian

WRJT555, Greetings from Lincoln, Massachusetts!

I just received my GMRS license, and this is my gateway to Technician Amateur (currently studying and planning for exam). I am looking to learn, so I'm excited to be part of this group. I plan to use GMRS mostly for family, recreation and such, and want to learn more about how I can use repeaters for this purpose.

Brian

Welcome aboard. Glad you are here. Make yourself at home.

Michael

WRHS965

KE8PLM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk