Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationRocket City
  • GMRS Callsign:WRJI929
  • Ham Callsign:KG5OEQ

Posted 27 September 2020 - 02:34 PM

Hello Everyone new to the Group got my GMRS last 9/9/2020 been a HAM as well for a while now but I just want to have a another mode of communication for the family, I hope hear from you all soon especially to those living here in Cypress,TX...73 everyone!

#42 Dusty1

Dusty1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRJI950

Posted 28 September 2020 - 08:11 PM

New to GMRS.  Long long long ago CB'er back before it became the wild west.   Well, maybe not as wild a west as is currently.   Looking forward to the GMRS experience.   Retired but you know how it is...the more you do, the more you do.   GMRS can help fill in the empty spots.  

#43 EMKuhn

EMKuhn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRJL853

Posted 28 September 2020 - 08:39 PM

Hello everyone, I am new to GMRS and I just got my GMRS license (WRJL853).  While I've been waiting for my license I've been playing around with my handheld radio and reading alot here and elsewhere.  Looking forward to keepin on with the learning and enjoying a new hobby!

-Concord, NC

#44 marcspaz

marcspaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 28 September 2020 - 08:57 PM

Fantastic... Three new members! 

Welcome WRJI929, Dusty1 and EMKuhn!

• Dusty1 likes this

#45 MXTgator

MXTgator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRJT529

Posted 25 October 2020 - 08:13 PM

Hello folks ... new guy to the forum here and a new GMRS user WRJT529 ... I purchased the Midland MXT400 for my mobile / base and also a couple of the midland GXT1050 50 channel two ways in camo :) ... definitely looking forward to participating on the forum and learning all I can from y’all ...
Todd
Amelia Island FlAttached File  3FFF3E96-9FB9-4EE8-85FD-963981D9BFE7.jpeg   83.66KB   0 downloads

#46 mbrun

mbrun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRHS965
  • Ham Callsign:KE8PLM

Posted 25 October 2020 - 08:36 PM

Welcome to the club. Enjoy the reading and the conversation.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

Hello folks ... new guy to the forum here and a new GMRS user WRJT529 ... I purchased the Midland MXT400 for my mobile / base and also a couple of the midland GXT1050 50 channel two ways in camo :) ... definitely looking forward to participating on the forum and learning all I can from y’all ...
Todd
Amelia Island Fl

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michael

WRHS965

KE8PLM

#47 bigbluebottle

bigbluebottle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRJT555

Posted 26 October 2020 - 10:53 AM

WRJT555, Greetings from Lincoln, Massachusetts!

I just received my GMRS license, and this is my gateway to Technician Amateur (currently studying and planning for exam). I am looking to learn, so I'm excited to be part of this group. I plan to use GMRS mostly for family, recreation and such, and want to learn more about how I can use repeaters for this purpose. 

Brian

#48 mbrun

mbrun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRHS965
  • Ham Callsign:KE8PLM

Posted 26 October 2020 - 04:28 PM

WRJT555, Greetings from Lincoln, Massachusetts!

I just received my GMRS license, and this is my gateway to Technician Amateur (currently studying and planning for exam). I am looking to learn, so I'm excited to be part of this group. I plan to use GMRS mostly for family, recreation and such, and want to learn more about how I can use repeaters for this purpose.

Brian

Welcome aboard. Glad you are here. Make yourself at home.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michael

WRHS965

KE8PLM

#49 jerrytheyounger

jerrytheyounger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRJU443
  • Ham Callsign:KI5MNO

Posted 30 October 2020 - 10:21 AM

Hello ya'll,

My name's Jerry and I'm a total newcomer to the world of radio. I just recently got my GMRS license (WRJU443) and am living in Sherman, Texas. I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible and meeting others to yammer with on the radio.

#50 MozartMan

MozartMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRAE802

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:11 AM

I am new here too, and new to the radio world, and this is my first post here.

Name is Alex. Have GMRS license and my call sign is WRAE802. Hope to get more knowledge about radio on this great forum.

• jerrytheyounger likes this

#51 DanW

DanW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRBQ485

Posted 08 November 2020 - 08:26 PM

Hello! I'm Dan, WRBQ485.  I've got 2 Midland radios mounted in Jeeps.  Looking forward to meeting some new friends and learning how to apply the advantages of these radios to my uses!

Midland Mxt275, 2018 Jeep Wrangler

Midland Mxt400, 2008 Jeep Wrangler

#52 FrancisHaws

FrancisHaws

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:Wqzy256

Posted 15 November 2020 - 10:23 PM

Just got my own call sign this weekend! Been operating under my brothers call sign but decided I wanted my own so I could chat on the forums. Any other users in southern pa region?

#53 RDH

RDH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRJX613

Posted 15 November 2020 - 10:25 PM

And of course I screw up my first post by accidentally posting under my brothers call sign!

#54 Sroark82

Sroark82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRJR868

Posted 17 November 2020 - 04:22 PM

Hi guys,

my Name is Sean i live in Miami Beach FL. i just got my GMRS license i just wanted to say HI.  my callsine is WRJR868

#55 gman1971

gman1971

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 18 November 2020 - 02:04 AM

Hi there Sean!

G.

#56 SGandy

SGandy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRJW590

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:04 PM

Howdy!! New to GMRS and myGMRS.  Looking forward to meeting and learning!!  I'm sure to be asking lots of dumb questions!!

Scott.

WRJW590

#57 SUPERG900

SUPERG900

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • LocationEdgewood NM
  • GMRS Callsign:WRJP634
  • Ham Callsign:KI5LQF

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:23 PM

Welcome.

#58 jc1240

jc1240

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCarroll County, Maryland
  • GMRS Callsign:WRKA343
  • Ham Callsign:KC3QYF

Posted 09 December 2020 - 05:20 AM

Hi all.  I'm new here.  Posted the other day in some of the forums, but figured I'd make it official here.  I thought HTs would be good for keeping in touch with family that live near me.  One household is 5000 feet away in the next neighborhood and the other is 2 miles the opposite direction (both straight-line distances).  Looks like we're all going to have to upgrade to mobile/base stations with an elevated antenna. 

I receive on a repeater, but no idea if I could transmit through it (definitely not on the HTs unless there's an unmarked one very close).  The maps/DB here don't show any in a decent range.

I also thought I'd stop at GMRS, but will be taking the amateur tech license test in January.  I think I caught "the bug."  

I keep the money tree watered and fertilized, but no fruit yet. :D

• gman1971 likes this

#59 gman1971

gman1971

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 December 2020 - 05:58 AM

Welcome! and congrats... 

So, 2 miles, is this in suburban environment? flat terrain? 

Love the money tree analogy... :) but you are going to need more than water and fertilizer if you caught "the bug"... it starts with the house a couple of miles down the road, and by the time you realize it you're in a few or so grand... 

G.

Hi all.  I'm new here.  Posted the other day in some of the forums, but figured I'd make it official here.  I thought HTs would be good for keeping in touch with family that live near me.  One household is 5000 feet away in the next neighborhood and the other is 2 miles the opposite direction (both straight-line distances).  Looks like we're all going to have to upgrade to mobile/base stations with an elevated antenna. 

I receive on a repeater, but no idea if I could transmit through it (definitely not on the HTs unless there's an unmarked one very close).  The maps/DB here don't show any in a decent range.

I also thought I'd stop at GMRS, but will be taking the amateur tech license test in January.  I think I caught "the bug."  

I keep the money tree watered and fertilized, but no fruit yet. :D

#60 jc1240

jc1240

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCarroll County, Maryland
  • GMRS Callsign:WRKA343
  • Ham Callsign:KC3QYF

Posted 09 December 2020 - 07:58 AM

Rural with lots of trees, some rolling hills which may or may not be higher than our properties and some open farm fields between us. 

The other home that is 5000 feet away is on the other side of a hill that is about 1700 feet from my house and is a bit higher than ground level of my lot, then more trees and a field or 2.  

Welcome! and congrats... 

So, 2 miles, is this in suburban environment? flat terrain? 

Love the money tree analogy... :) but you are going to need more than water and fertilizer if you caught "the bug"... it starts with the house a couple of miles down the road, and by the time you realize it you're in a few or so grand... 

G.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users