Welcome!

rdunajewski

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, shadowlands said:

I've seen his videos. LOL

I was just wondering if there was something like a book or a push start for someone like myself. 

It really does depend how you learn best. There’s not very many books on GMRS, like a “For Dummies” book, but many of the concepts will be very similar in ham radio and there are a buttload of books for that. I suggest visiting the public library. 
Another thing would be to see if there’s a local to you radio club, either GMRS or ham radio (many of us enjoy both.)

And of course don’t hesitate to ask questions here. 

• 3 weeks later...

Howdy...   totally new to the world of GMRS.   Just got my new Bronco and plan to get back to some off-roading here in Colorado, hence the radio.  Did some research, talked to some folks and I ended with a license and a radio to keep in contact on the trails.   As a long time pilot I'm quite comfortable on the radios, but it's just in the plane and does its thing when I need to chat with ATC.   Getting into the real ins and outs of GMRS has caught my interest even though it came about indirectly through the off-roading world.   Purchased a Wouxun KG-935G to get started.  Got some good reviews.  Glad to be here and have the opportunity to learn from the "pros" out there.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I’m Jeff. New to GMRS but I’m a ham and have worked in emergency services for the last 25 years. Talking on the radio for work the last 25 years sort of took away my desire to use a radio off duty. But with retirement coming up, I plan on spending more time in the woods and traveling, so I’d like to expand my communication potential. Looking forward to utilizing the site. 

• 3 weeks later...