Matt Robertson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMonroe, NC
  • GMRS Callsign:WQWZ311
  • Ham Callsign:K2LOW

Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:09 PM

I’m new to the forum and am curious to know if there are any other users in the greater Charlotte, NC metro area. I live about 35 miles southeast of downtown Charlotte, near the NC/SC line and US–601. I’ve had my GMRS license for a bit, but have yet to actually talk to anyone. I have a Wouxun UV-3D handheld and 2 Motorola CDM–1550 UHF mobiles that came without power cables or microphones (what did I really expect for that price on eBay, LOL). I’m just wondering if there is any local activity. I’ve been a licensed ham for 21 years and I know there is quite a bit of local VHF usage there. Thanks in advance and have a great day!

—Matt R.
WQWZ311
  • Logan5 likes this

#2 quarterwave

quarterwave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • LocationIn the air, tonight...
  • GMRS Callsign:On-File

Posted 08 October 2017 - 04:44 PM

Looks like a few repeaters in the area, get permission and start monitoring, announce you are on air. Power cables and Mics for 1550's are easy to find...good radios, use them!

#3 kb2ztx

kb2ztx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCentral New York
  • GMRS Callsign:WQLY948
  • Ham Callsign:KB2ZTX

Posted 16 October 2017 - 06:44 AM

When i was in area in the spring at the NASCAR races I heard chatter on a few GMRS channels. For the October race only had my HT so didn't hear much. I have a .650 repeater in my Motor home when i am on track in Spring.

#4 dwaynemackey

dwaynemackey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQYW861

Posted 29 October 2017 - 09:32 AM

There’s a repeater off rocky road just off 485 lots of trafic on it some times. it reaches all the way up here in hickory I really like the Motorola radios I have 3 1250’s and a 1550 just got a cm300 yesterday programming them has been a fun learning curve but I’ve got it down pat now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Charlotte, NC, GMRS, Users, SC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users