Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQYM541
  • Ham Callsign:KB0HAW

Posted 11 November 2018 - 09:45 PM

Well, well, well,...

Would anyone care to take a look at the front panels of the Pofung/Baofeng BF-9500, or the Anytone AT-588????

• Hans likes this

#42 Hans

Hans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationTrapped in Yankee territory
  • GMRS Callsign:WQXE920
  • Ham Callsign:N8VHF

Posted 11 November 2018 - 11:21 PM

Well, well, well,...
Would anyone care to take a look at the front panels of the Pofung/Baofeng BF-9500, or the Anytone AT-588????

Yeah, that happens a lot with China made radios. A bit of caution is in order as external looks aren't a sure-fire way to determine sameness. There can often be those pesky firmware and other differences. In this case, my guess is that they are very strongly related radios. If I had to choose between any of them, I would take the Anytone; barring any established reasons to the contrary.

#43 RCM

RCM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNorth Alabama
  • GMRS Callsign:WRCM718
  • Ham Callsign:KU4FL

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:24 PM

I've heard but don't know for certain, that some of the Chinese mobiles are clones of a Yaesu radio.

#44 csadams

csadams

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQPD858
  • Ham Callsign:KJ6WEG

Posted 30 November 2018 - 01:22 PM

Any update here?... has anyone been able to try programming the MXT400 or LT-590 (with Chirp's TYT9000 settings or otherwise)?  I'm very interested in seeing if the MXT400 might be programmable, since I need a powerful Part 95 certified radio but its limitation that the CTCSS/DCS (PL) tone is the same for TX & RX is a deal breaker for me, as our local repeater has different TX & RX tones. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users