Motorola Radius M1225

RCM

Question

Wow, are the thought police active here or what? I stopped addressing gun forums because people would get crazy. CHILL OUT!

I can start talking about radio controlled AR-15s if you really want excitement.

I may be incorrectly assuming that this is in response to the kerfluffle that occured previously in the post.  I would like to say that I'm very sorry.  I suppose I should keep in mind that not everyone appreciates or understands my humor.  It was honestly an attempt at a joke, and while I will admit, I was definitely being snarky, I truly didn't intend to ruffle anyone's feathers.  I should have been more respectful and appreciative of Steve7010's advice, and I should not have been such a smarta$$.  So when he suggested I was being rude, I didn't respond very well to that either.  I think everyone is "chilled out" now, and Pastor Gary was kind enough to step in and get us back to the discussion.  This occurred over a week ago, so I'm not sure why it's being revived here now, but I thought I would at least make an attempt to apologize here now, so that we can continue with the discussion and solve the mystery of programming the M1225.

Got the M1225 programmed and working. I can see why they're popular!

It is programmed with 19 channels and talkaround.

Just a note on channel capacity with the M1225 series. They were touted as having a capability for 20 or 24 channels. You could squeeze in 24 channels if you deleted certain features/functions on the radio. It's been too long, but I seem to recall that you would lose simple things like the ability to change the display backlight from amber to green, certain button functions, etc.

The reason that it sticks out in my mind, was that I do remember seeing problems as you would approach 20 channels and try to do things like priority scanning. It seems they were pushing the edge of the radio's capabilities to get to 20 + channels, especially if you had Alpha tags on each channel - and used all the characters on the display.

On a side note, I used to mess around with LTR trunking systems on the 1225 series before they came out with the LS models (and later on the PM400) - and a company named Scholer-Johnson made a plug in option board that would allow all types of features  - including the ability to do multiple zones of 16 (possibly more?) channels. The software wasn't user friendly - I remember that you did NOT want to Read radios with the option board - just Write properly defined setups. I stumbled across the 3.5" floppies with the install files the other day,  probably what brought this to mind.

Just a note on channel capacity with the M1225 series. They were touted as having a capability for 20 or 24 channels. You could squeeze in 24 channels if you deleted certain features/functions on the radio. It's been too long, but I seem to recall that you would lose simple things like the ability to change the display backlight from amber to green, certain button functions, etc.

The reason that it sticks out in my mind, was that I do remember seeing problems as you would approach 20 channels and try to do things like priority scanning. It seems they were pushing the edge of the radio's capabilities to get to 20 + channels, especially if you had Alpha tags on each channel - and used all the characters on the display.

On a side note, I used to mess around with LTR trunking systems on the 1225 series before they came out with the LS models (and later on the PM400) - and a company named Scholer-Johnson made a plug in option board that would allow all types of features  - including the ability to do multiple zones of 16 (possibly more?) channels. The software wasn't user friendly - I remember that you did NOT want to Read radios with the option board - just Write properly defined setups. I stumbled across the 3.5" floppies with the install files the other day,  probably what brought this to mind.

Thanks. Yeah, I've read about those problems. I definitely wanted T/A, which is reportedly a huge memory hog. But by not pushing the maximum channel count and limiting use of tags I was able to make it work.