New Licence holder

drk1970nj

Welcome to GMRS. Glad to meet you, 244. 

Is GMRS popular in your area? What motivated you to get the license?

There is a few repeater stations around have always been into radio was a cb radio guy for many years but been off for many years now also and was looking to find something a little interesting  to get back into ...So starting back into it again i figure i would go gmrs for a bit till i get time to study for ham also .....So with that note looking forward to talk listen and learn more ...There is some action around me not as much as i would think but been traveling with the handheld in the commercial vech during the day and pick up lots on the way 

Some areas of the country are a hot bed of GMRS, many other areas not so much unfortunately.

I went to a "breakfast get-together" with 16 men and 2 women who represent a few of the owners and users of three GMRS repeaters, two of which are in northwest Indiana and the third in lower southwest Michigan. These three repeaters are among those who're Zello-linked with several other repeaters: see: http://NWIGMRS.com