Promoting GMRS

taco6513

I am in process of setting up my repeater here in the town I live in. I have talked to the local storm chasers. They gave up on GMRS because of range issues and they didn't know how to use the CTCSS or DPL codes. They has some kids messing with them. I have talked to them in general at this point about the gains they would have being on a repeater. They had no idea this was possible. Same with several like minded people that have FRS/GMRS radios.

So here is my question. I have looked on google for promotional ideas on GMRS. I would like to let people know its here and what it is. I know there are other people that could use a back up communication solution to there cell phones. AT&T has been down here for about a total 6 day in the last year alone. This is a big pain for my business. The repeater will help solve this hole in my communications needs. Has anyone else seen or have any advertising they would like to share? I was thinking of a few real-estate size yard signs and some business cards. 

Thanks

WRCW870

EAGLE 1

Not sure what your advertising, GMRS has been around since the 70's,  It can not be used for business if you where implying that. The local storm chasers will get some great use out of it, and you can always start a club or local group. As you can see by the web address in my signature we have a group with over 50 users.

Are you installing your repeater on a high enough tower to provide an effective area for storm chasers?

199 ft tower on high ground.

WRCW870

Been around since the 70's. I just found it. The only thing I knew about was CB (11 meter). Lots of other people don't know either.

Business use only as a backup to AT&T. So that would be six days a year. For a total of maybe 120 minutes of air time. 

199 ft tower on high ground.

WRCW870

Been around since the 70's. I just found it. The only thing I knew about was CB (11 meter). Lots of other people don't know either.

Business use only as a backup to AT&T. So that would be six days a year. For a total of maybe 120 minutes of air time. 

GMRS can not be used for business, not even as a backup to AT&T. The FCC will be happy to licences you for your business under the part 90 industrial pool, GMRS is for personal and family use.

Not true, GMRS can be used for business purposes as long as each individual person is licensed. No licenses will be issued to a business entity, only individuals. So if you have 5 people that need to communicate for the business, you better have 5 licenses (assuming none of them are related, otherwise the relatives can share the one license).