Elkhunter521

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWashougal Washington
  • GMRS Callsign:Ask

Posted 23 December 2019 - 01:48 AM

Oops, forgot this part. The Luiton is also either wide band or narrow. Its also capable of split pl tones. Sells for just a little over 1/2 the price of the Midland.

Be vewy vewy quiet.
I'm listening to my wadio!

#42 n4gix

n4gix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WQWU626
  • Ham Callsign:N4GIX

Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:35 PM

It was sent to Yaesu for review. My initial thought is the controller failed.

Oh my! Was the unit still under warranty or do you have to eat the repair costs?

#43 marcspaz

marcspaz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:29 PM

Oh my! Was the unit still under warranty or do you have to eat the repair costs?

The radio was only a few days old when it broke.  The Ham Radio Outlet gave me a brand new radio and sent the damaged one back for analysis.  It may be a month or so before we hear back.  They may never tell me what the result is... but at least the HRO took good care of me.

• n4gix, Ian and RCM like this

#44 RCM

RCM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationNorth Alabama
  • GMRS Callsign:WRCM718
  • Ham Callsign:KU4FL

Posted 29 December 2019 - 04:47 PM

The radio was only a few days old when it broke.  The Ham Radio Outlet gave me a brand new radio and sent the damaged one back for analysis.  It may be a month or so before we hear back.  They may never tell me what the result is... but at least the HRO took good care of me.

That means Yaesu took care of you. The reason I say that is I used to be in the business, and Yaesu was always good to take care of the dealers. Kenwood, not so much.

Don't get me wrong; I'm a fan of Kenwood commercial gear and also amateur gear from early '80s and back. But I worked for a full line dealer during the '90s, and Kenwood was dead last in customer service. Yaesu was first. Alinco ran a very close second.

We couldn't just replace a Kenwood that failed. If we did, we would likely have to eat it.

• marcspaz likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users