Draka Cable

taco6513

I am needing some professional feedback. The person's tower that I am waiting on to move some LDF7-50 from another tower to the 199 tower that will some day have my repeater atop. I have been waiting for 6 months for this to happen. I am still getting excuses on why this still hasn't happened yet.

I have reached out the in internet and started shopping for a 225' piece of LDF7-50. I know that this product was discontinued some years ago. The person I talked to said to go with "Draka" cable. This is 

made in Finland. The specs look comparable to Andrews cable.

Need some feedback on the "Draka" brand cable.  First hand knowledge preferred.

Thanks 

WRCW870

Commscope recommends this as a direct replacement for what you seek:

Replaced By:

AVA7-50

AVA7-50, HELIAX® Andrew Virtual Air™ Coaxial Cable, corrugated copper, 1-5/8 in, black PE jacket (Halogen free jacketing non-fire-retardant)

https://www.commscope.com/catalog/cables/product_details.aspx?id=1309

It's certainly not inexpensive most places, but this company is selling it brand new for $3.95/ft

That would be $888.75 + shipping.

http://www.surplusserver.com/products/Antennas-Coax/246/Andrew_AVA7-50_Heliax_Coax_Cable.html

ERP 388W 1 /58

346W 7/8

and 400 for the fat 2 1/4 based on 50W into the cable

again your mileage may vary.

also assuming it is going to be a strait duplexer you have an additional 0.8 to 1.5 dB of loss as well as loss for the jumpers required to put it all together.

best case scenario would be in the 27-30W at the top making your ERP ~275-300w

just sayin'

good luck w/poject.

JE

I don't think the AVA7-50 is the same quality as the LDF7-50 was. I may have a line on some NOS LDF7-50.

You are right! AVA7-50 is not the same quality as LDF7-50...

...it is better!

Product Alert: AVA7-50 Heliax Coaxial Cable is 100% Copper jacketed and center conductor cable. It is not to be comfused with lower cost and quality Aluminum jacketed cables. It is a step up from the old standby LDF7-50A (discontinued or special order only,) featuring lighter weight and lower losses at all operating frequencies. This cable is the darling of cellular and commercial broadband infrastructure providers worldwide.