iOS App Beta Testers

rdunajewski

Rich, 

Just finding this thread and would be glad to assist with testing.  I am already a TestFlight user (Brad@Trogdon.org) and have multiple iOS devices for testing.  as it concerns the iPhone 8-Pro v13.3

Hope all is well.

-Brad

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I see a few of you installed version 1.2.0. Any early feedback?

Does it work?  :lol:

Can you sign in with your myGMRS credentials?

Does the GPS work to find nearby repeaters and/or your location on the map?

Does the status bar look funky, especially on phones with the notch? Should be the navy background with white text/icons in the status bar at the top.

As long as it's functional, it's a great success and we can release it to the app store. This app was always a little rough around the edges so there's room for improvement, but it looks like all the weirdness with permissions for location are worked out as is the status bar display, with everyone's blessing.

Incremental updates are easy after this, so we just have to get over this hump.

Couldn't Load App

This build is no longer available

Try Again

I've been getting this for 2 days.

What device do you have? What iOS version?

This new build only works with iOS 11+ unfortunately. I have an old iPhone 5 but it only goes up to iOS 10, so I couldn't test on that.

Old is not the problem... iPhone-11 iOS 13.5.1

When you get that error, can you go back a page? You might see a 1.2.0 version sitting there. If not, try removing the existing 1.0.8 app and see if that changes anything. Even on my iPhone 5, I got a push notification that 1.2.0 was available for testing even though I couldn't install it on this version. 

I'm also not sure if there's a staged rollout of the versions, but our list of testers is small so it shouldn't take days to roll out a new beta.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just throwing this in to the mix. I, and a number of others I can tell on this forum, use the iOS ‘TapaTalk’ app. I use it on both my phone and tablet. It makes for a very nice forum experience by unifying a number of forums for which I have interest, all under a single umbrella app.

No, it does not list repeaters, but I need that so infrequently that I am perfectly content hopping over to the website. I like it so much I wish all forums supported it.

YMMV

Michael

WRHS965

KE8PLM

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...