Kenwood TK880h scan problem

Jessie55

Question

I have a backwards E on screen instead of SCAN .  When pressing the scan button is pressed the icon , comes or goes away .  Its seams to scan channels but stays on channel until i get active channel but goes back to channel even if channel is locked out of scan.  My question is can i change this or need to take in for repairs 

8 answers to this question

Couple things to check in the software. First, under "scan information" make sure you check the box that says "off-hook scan" This allows the radio to scan despite your mic not having an off hook detector, or if your using a base, it'll scan even though the mic isn't in a clip. Also make sure "Revert Channel Display" is UNCHECKED.

In the "Channel Information" window, ensure the channels you wish to scan have "Scan add" set to Add. Note, the TK880 will only scan channels in the same group by default. If you wish to scan all channels regardless of the group, change the "Group scan" setting to multi (Found in scan information)

I think that'll clear the "E" and instead just say "Scan" Note this is for the 49D software, if your using other software you may have different procedures to do.

Sorry just popped in here and saw there was a reply,

"The E will go away when i add /delete from scan list."

This is just an indicator. I think older units used E or 3 to show it was in the scan list while newer units showed a triangle. Little confusing I understand but at least the problem was solved :)

Couple things to check in the software. First, under "scan information" make sure you check the box that says "off-hook scan" This allows the radio to scan despite your mic not having an off hook detector, or if your using a base, it'll scan even though the mic isn't in a clip. Also make sure "Revert Channel Display" is UNCHECKED.

In the "Channel Information" window, ensure the channels you wish to scan have "Scan add" set to Add. Note, the TK880 will only scan channels in the same group by default. If you wish to scan all channels regardless of the group, change the "Group scan" setting to multi (Found in scan information)

I think that'll clear the "E" and instead just say "Scan" Note this is for the 49D software, if your using other software you may have different procedures to do.

I'm incorporating your comments here into my spreadsheet for channel and radio programming an 880-1 from used-radios.com.  I'm assuming they'll know what I'm talking about.

I plan to get cable and software but if I can have all this done off the shelf, that's just fewer 'details' I'll need to worry about - much appreciated.

So thanks!