Motorola XPR and SL3500

umairmoh

Greetings Everyone, 

I am relativity new to the GMRS world and getting my head around the intricate nuances.  I did see in someone's post and I cannot recall where, but I saw pics posted of an individual active user here with Motorola XPR and SL3500 radios.  My question is, can we as licensed GMRS users utilize and use the XPR series on GMRS frequencies?

Thank you in advance! 

... My question is, can we as licensed GMRS users utilize and use the XPR series on GMRS frequencies?

That is the big question. There are those who claim/believe, based on FCC communications outside of Part95E, and on, what they see as "implied," statements within Part95E that any Part90 approved radio may be legally used on GMRS. Others, say that is not the case.

However, one thing everyone seems to agree on is that nobody has ever been cited for using Part90 equipment on GMRS and that such enforcement is unlikely, especially if the radio is operating within original specifications.

Let me just throw in that even if you're using Part 90 equipment under GMRS, there's nobody making a case that DMR digital operation is legal within the GMRS band.

I'm on the side of people who believe that the FCC is aware  & acknowledges that people are using Part 90 equipment, and they've done nothing to discourage the use.