Hi guys, I'm a newbie when it comes to 2 way radios in general,  I've done a lot of reading educating myself and I have learned a lot, The first thing I did was to get my GMRS license, here is the deal... I have a pair of vertex 160u that I use to communicate with my daughters (too little for cellphone plus is more fun)  when I go to the grocery store or to my uncle's house located about 1.50 miles away from my house, the radios work well. I just bought a Kenwood 805d to get a little more range but I need help choosing an antenna , power supply and any connector and cable I may need,  if you guys could help me with some advice I would greatly appreciated.  I know is not going to be easy, that is what makes it fun. 

Thank you.

William.

William - Welcome to the forum...

There is some good information in the following discussion thread below.  One of our members had similar questions to yours and the discussion came up with some very good suggestions. Please go over this info below when you have some time... and then we can expand on that discussion here with additional recommendations.

http://forums.mygmrs.com/topic/48-new-to-gmrs/page-2?hl=tessco&do=findComment&comment=366