Kenwood TK863G Recommendations

Extreme

I have a KG-805G and used CHRIP software on my Mac then cut and paste one of the repeater channels say Rpt15 to a new channel line in the software then named it XXX for the repeater county location it serves.  I have programed several repeaters listed after the last Repeater Channel so they are all are group together for easy location and flipping back and forth.  

This being my first GMRS radio, which was suggested by BTWR staff, can't loose with a $80 experience.  I did get second one for G Daughter who we are working our way to be ham in vision casing her for Space Force.  

The KG-805G does not presently have the ability to do Talk-Around.  The best you can do is to create two separate channels. Eg. 

ch 1, GMRS 22 Repeat (+5mHz)

ch 2. GMRS 22 Simplex

I have already suggested to the vendor (BuyTwoWayRadios) that they add Talk-Around as an option for the programmable function keys. They liked the idea and said they'd look into adding it in some future update, though I wouldn't hold my breath.