tk-880 issues

ko66

wondering if anyone can help, ive programmed my TK-880 with the correct frequency, but on my sdr it says its broadcasting on a different frequency. ive double checked and programmed it correctly. any ideas why its not broadcasting on the correct frequency?

My understanding is that SDR is not the best test device. Your better off checking with an actual frequency counter.

Other than that, the only other thing I can think of is that the radio had been re-tuned incorrectly and needs to be redone. This is doable in the programming software but you will need a dummy load and a meter to tell you where exactly you are on frequency.

My understanding is that SDR is not the best test device. Your better off checking with an actual frequency counter.

Other than that, the only other thing I can think of is that the radio had been re-tuned incorrectly and needs to be redone. This is doable in the programming software but you will need a dummy load and a meter to tell you where exactly you are on frequency.

i bounced it off a few other rigs i have such as cb and others, the sdr reads right on those frequency so i guess it needs a retune.

How far off frequency is it? If it is 5mHz off, you programmed the channel as a repeater.

Its off by as much as 1 mhz or more.

Sounds like it may need to be re-tuned then, still this should be done with a monitor/meter and not through other radios as they cant always tell you if your in the correct frequency position. If you were in south jersey I would do it for free as it only takes a few minutes to do,

Sounds like it may need to be re-tuned then, still this should be done with a monitor/meter and not through other radios as they cant always tell you if your in the correct frequency position. If you were in south jersey I would do it for free as it only takes a few minutes to do,

id mail it to you and even pay you! I'm not familiar with programming and it could be my fault. 

This raido uses a VCO or voltage controlled oscillator, its tuned by setting the voltage into the VCO. Its an easy fix but requires a multi meter with a 5 place decimal and a spectrum analyzer. This is not done in the programing software. Did somebody use a magic screwdriver trying to get more power out of this radio? If not changes in the VCO voltage could be from the power circuit that feeds the VCO. Lots of variables to look at, if its programed properly the issue is in the reference oscillator. PM me if you would like to arrange tuning with an Agilent 4401A Multimeter and Areoflex 2975 service monitor.

The KPG49D does have a frequency adjustment tool however Im not sure how much adjusting it is capable of. If your off by like .030 its no issue but Corey may have to do anything beyond 1.xxx deviation since, as he said, a few more tools are needed (And a bit more knowledge as well)