Just kills me.

kidphc

Finally, got to hear what sounds like a repeated GMRS call, on 462.6750. The reason I say repeated, is because I have that 6750 repeater pair as a separate channel from the regular 6750 call. Couldn't hear squat on the normal channel I had programmed but heard the entire conversation on the repeater pair channel.

I did hear them mention that the call was on a repeater, everything points to it. Didn't get much of either parties calls or the repeater's call. Way too much picket fencing while I was driving. By the time I stopped the call was done. Probably, going to have to try the channel tonight. Just so I can figure out where the hell this repeater is.

Really, wish a lot more of the GMRS repeaters were listed. I would love to ask for permission.

I should say that this is more of a rant then anything else.

If you can't hear the repeater on the regular 675 channel, then you must be running tone squelch, or "Private Code" on that channel that is not the same tone as the repeater.  ...otherwise you would hear it.  675 is 462.675 on receive whether you are on repeat mode or not. 

That is exactly what tone squelch is for... so you DON'T hear anything but other radios with your selected tone.

Roger that, I understand the concept.

There is no tone set on either memory slot, everything for the GMRS radios are set to carrier squelch. Channel 1 is programmed to say 675. Channel 2 was programmed to 675 repeater pair. If it is in fact a repeater, Ig et the fun of decoding the tones, only because it isn't published. That was more of my gripe. An unpublished repeater. Can't really say much, I don't own or maintain it.

I will have to play with it, to figure out what is going on. Just didn't have the time because I was driving. Would of been nice, since one of the guys call started with a K. From what I gather he has been licensed to GMRS since the 70's or so. Referred to the service as GMR.... :)