Anybody in Alaska around here?

Craws907

• 2 months later...

I'm jealous on the fishing trip, dang it. I know this forum is dedicated to gmrs, but post a pic with some of your catch....hold an HT up to its mouth and maybe it'll stay on line long enough for me to enjoy. I was once on an assignment on Kodiak Island and the fishing and people were awesome. Your note makes me ready to go back. I sure do hope you're have the kind of blast I experienced. 

• 6 months later...

Just a little update here, I'm in anchorage being quarantined at a hotel before I go back to the boat. According to this site there's a repeater on 462.700 with a tone of 203.5. I can't seem to get on it, and my scanners aren't picking up any gmrs traffic on any channels. Seems to be pretty quiet around here. Nothing really on CB either. I've been monitoring both services and only had one hit on each service. There does seem to be a little Action on the ham 2m and 70cm bands here and there.

• 8 months later...

GMRS625 is running. The 700 doesn't seem to ever be up. I contacted the owner months back and was told they were updating it.

Been trying to get the 625 on the myGMRS net but I am either doing something very wrong or the net isn't designed to do it the way I am trying.

You can get into the 625 from the Point Mackenzie Area. I got in well enough with a 5 watt HT and a mag mount 1/4 wave antenna. Don't know if that helps you.

Screenshot_20211106-133815_Drive.jpg

I tried to drive out there saturday but the freezing drizzle stopped me just past 3 bears. I have the up and down tones so I'll try it again soon or when I have to drive to Ft Richardson again. Meanwhile working from home I have had it on alot. I get someones plumbing and heating company on GMRS channel 3 occasionally on fairview loop