Mobile antenna

bud

Advice on mobile antennas.  Would use mag mount.  Have the Midland 275 radio  and need REAL improvement  from the included antenna.  

Not going to drill .

Typical use is 3-5 miles between autos.

3 DB, 5DB,  6 DB   

Larson, Ngoya, Tram, Pctel, Laird,  Diamond, other?   

Thanks !

Bud

What kind of terrain are you working with? The tradeoff for gain is less vertical width to the signal.

that said, the Nagoya have mixed reviews, and i don't remember a Nagoya mobile one that's really centered where we need it for gmrs (they tend to be centered closer to 440-450, if i remember right, most gmrs is around 462, with repeater inputs in the 467 range).

Midlands state they're centered at 462.

Yep, gmrs is in the 462.xxx, with the FRS low power channels and repeater Inputs in 467. I worded my previous post poorly (and have edited for more clarity, hopefully).

I was referring to the the majority of the Nagoya mobiles I've seen being centered for ham frequencies, not gmrs.

• 3 weeks later...

Comet CA-2x4SR dual-band antenna has a capacitance hat to tune it for GMRS simplex frequencies. It works really well on the FRS and repeater frequencies too.

I have tried a dozen or more antennas. For high gain and solid range, it can't be beat, in my opinion.

6.2 db gain, 40" tall so it works with a mag mount, and rated for 150 watts if you want to use it for other UHF and VHF applications.

Comet CA-2x4SR dual-band antenna has a capacitance hat to tune it for GMRS simplex frequencies. It works really well on the FRS and repeater frequencies too.

I have tried a dozen or more antennas. For high gain and solid range, it can't be beat, in my opinion.

6.2 db gain, 40" tall so it works with a mag mount, and rated for 150 watts if you want to use it for other UHF and VHF applications.

What is your SWR at 465 using this dual band antenna?