Midland MXT275 micro and Repeater Transmissions

SnoopCoop

Question

I have been around repeaters for most of my adult life but all I had to do was push the talk button on the mike and listen to the speaker in my Sheriff's vehicle.  Things have changed.

I have a Midland MXT275 and have turned on my Repeater Mode for channel 17 to reach a certain repeater's frequency.  The Repeater has a listed output of 462.600mhz with 141.3HZ and a listed input of 467.600mhz with 141.3HZ.  I put these CTS codes of 141.3 into my lower channel 17 (frequency 462.600) and my upper Repeater frequency channel 17 (467.600).  My Midland Radio CTS number for 141.3HZ is 22:  not a problem. My radio indicates all are input.

But here is my rookie question so I don't make a mess out in the field.  Do I transmit and receive on the same Repeater channel 17 or do I have to scan back and forth between the input and output channel 17 of the repeater.   I even think maybe I have to utilize the Monitor mode of the radio to transmit and receive the repeater on the same channel.  I just can't find reference in my instructions.  

Appreciate some guidance.  Thanks Ole' Timers!

9 answers to this question

Using Repeater 17, the handles the offset automatically, transmitting on 467.xxx when you key up, and receiving on 462.xxx, no channel changes, scanning or monitor mode required.

My mxt115 skips the repeater channels in scan mode, by the way.

Thank-you.  Great to the point answer!   Thumbs Up.     Oh. Must add, on SCAN my MXT275  does show the repeater channels.

Midland keeps things extremely simple. Just enter the CTS code on the repeater side of the dial and it takes care of it for TX and RX.

I would like to say Midland keeps it simple for a complex guy like me... but then I would not be telling the truth as far as myself.  Thanks for your input. 

Thank-you.  Great to the point answer!   Thumbs Up.     Oh. Must add, on SCAN my MXT275  does show the repeater channels.

glad to help! and interesting difference between the two. i was very torn between the 115 and the 275, the tiebreaker ended up coming down to i could get the 115 in the bundle (with a better antenna and mount) and use one of their running discount codes.