Huge repeater

deputycrawford

New to GMRS and I'm in the Aera of this Clyde repeater. I can hear the repeater, but can't get in due to the PL tones being listed. Does anyone know the tone, or who I need to contact to get permission on the repeater??

WQXR365

It is already listed in the repeaters database including the operator's email address. Send him a note. If you allows you on his repeater, he'll give you the tone info.

It is already listed in the repeaters database including the operator's email address. Send him a note. If you allows you on his repeater, he'll give you the tone info.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't see the email address. Which database are you referring to?

I'll do some searching as well.

Thanks again!

Edit: I found it, thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Jerry - Sounds as if that system might have more usable range than the local Sheriff's system... but, that is common with many GMRS systems.

;)

Isn't that amazing? I know ours out does most of the Public Safety systems around us (we even cover better at 10 miles from the site than theirs do with the repeater in the town or county), I am shocked at times that some shops don't feel this is an officer safety issue. Makes you wonder if there is something more to it, though I can understand ERP and restrictions placed that Part 90 and PS deal with that we GMRS folks are not restricted with.