725 in miami

w4thm

For those that were using it and wondering what happened to it.

I listed this repeater for its owner under his permission.The owner and I had a difference of opinion over on the air behavior. I had to field a few emails regarding the machine (despite it not being on my call). I notified him of the concerns. I found out today he took the machine off the air. This may be due to the insanely foul language one particular operator used at all hours of the day. Radio checks confirmed its off the air (for now) so i pulled the listing from the repeater list.

• 3 months later...

I saw it mentioned in another thread - I was looking all over for its info :/ Thousands of dollars later, a repeater at 900 feet gets taken offline ... because somebody couldn't stop being a jerk. If they're unauthorizedly keying up and won't stop - they're jamming, and turning them into the fcc isn't the worst idea.

I was hoping to work that thing from way up in Palm Beach county too :/

For those that were using it and wondering what happened to it.

I listed this repeater for its owner under his permission.The owner and I had a difference of opinion over on the air behavior. I had to field a few emails regarding the machine (despite it not being on my call). I notified him of the concerns. I found out today he took the machine off the air. This may be due to the insanely foul language one particular operator used at all hours of the day. Radio checks confirmed its off the air (for now) so i pulled the listing from the repeater list.

Changing to a different squelch tone would seem reasonable too - use DCS and let the jammers squirm trying to hunt down a tone? Seems a lot more reasonable than just shutting down a superbad and supercostly repeater just because one guy wouldn't stfu.

This is why many of us with good repeaters tend to no longer list them online.

I'm not even going to list my  little junkbox repeater online. There's already a really good one available for public use on a tower anyway. Mines for my family in case there's an emergency - mostly in case something happens to the big boy repeater like power outtage or super heavy traffic during an emergency. Last thing I want is mine to be made unuseable because 100 people are on it when I need it.