GMRS Repeaters

JAF27

I believe hes mentioning CTCSS and DCS codes, which have been gone over extensively in the forums. R-tone and T-tone. Not exactly sure how they'll be labeled but I do recall it saying R and T before the setting for Receive and Transmit

I believe the menu labels them r-ctcss, r-dcs, t-ctcss, and t-dcs, maybe not in that order.

Ok, I had to dig one of mine out of the storage case and check, there are three ways of doing this.

1. PC (computer) programming. They’re listed as R-DCS which stands for Receive Digital Coded Squelch, R-CTCS which stands for Receive Continuous Tone Coded Squelch. Next you have T-DCS and T-CTCS with the “T” meaning Transmit. You choose which ever column you need, then click the arrow for a drop down list and click on the code you need.

2. Manually from the radios keypad. Assuming you have the voice prompt turned on, Press the orange button that is labeled “VFO/MR” until you “frequency mode”. Then press “menu”, 1, 0, this will take you to R-DCS or “menu, 1, 1, which will take you to R-CTCS. Which ever type you need to enter. For the Transmit input press “menu” 1, 2, for T-DCS or 1, 3, for CTCS. Once you get to the screen needed, press “menu” again which will enter your radio into the selection screen. You can then either use the arrow up/down buttons to scroll through the codes until you find the one you need or you can enter the code on the keypad. If you use the keypad method just enter each number and don’t worry about the “.” Dot. Once you have selected or entered the code you need, Press “menu” and the Press “Exit” on the keypad. Do the same for the transmit tone.

Example; Say you need to set 141.3 for the T-CTCS tone.

Press VFO/MR until you hear “frequency mode”, press “menu” press 1, 1, then press “menu”, the press 1, 4, 1, 3, then press “menu” then press exit. You have now entered the Receive CTCS.

I could break it down even more but hopefully this is enough for you to understand. However, if you still need help feel free to send me a message from my profile page and I’ll do my best to help you out.

Good luck

Ok, I had to dig one of mine out of the storage case and check, there are three ways of doing this.

1. PC (computer) programming. They’re listed as R-DCS which stands for Receive Digital Coded Squelch, R-CTCS which stands for Receive Continuous Tone Coded Squelch. Next you have T-DCS and T-CTCS with the “T” meaning Transmit. You choose which ever column you need, then click the arrow for a drop down list and click on the code you need.

2. Manually from the radios keypad. Assuming you have the voice prompt turned on, Press the orange button that is labeled “VFO/MR” until you “frequency mode”. Then press “menu”, 1, 0, this will take you to R-DCS or “menu, 1, 1, which will take you to R-CTCS. Which ever type you need to enter. For the Transmit input press “menu” 1, 2, for T-DCS or 1, 3, for CTCS. Once you get to the screen needed, press “menu” again which will enter your radio into the selection screen. You can then either use the arrow up/down buttons to scroll through the codes until you find the one you need or you can enter the code on the keypad. If you use the keypad method just enter each number and don’t worry about the “.” Dot. Once you have selected or entered the code you need, Press “menu” and the Press “Exit” on the keypad. Do the same for the transmit tone.

Example; Say you need to set 141.3 for the T-CTCS tone.

Press VFO/MR until you hear “frequency mode”, press “menu” press 1, 1, then press “menu”, the press 1, 4, 1, 3, then press “menu” then press exit. You have now entered the Receive CTCS.

I could break it down even more but hopefully this is enough for you to understand. However, if you still need help feel free to send me a message from my profile page and I’ll do my best to help you out.

Good luck

Thanks? Does the tone in apply to the receive or transmit? Again, sorry for asking.