Repeaters in my area

Kernlover

Have you searched the MyGMRS repeater directory and map?

There could be other GMRS repeaters than what is listed on the map too.  Some may be private or, just haven't listed their equipment for the public to find easily.

These are found by actually listening to scans of the channels over time wnd hearing them if/when they ID themselves.  So far as a newbie, the SCAN MODE has been my friend in locationing two such repeaters while traveling local and afar.

I'm new to GMRS and my radio will arrive tomorrow. Its a midland MXT275 15 watts. I want to use a repeater but can't find one in my area. I'm in Torrance, CA (metropolitan L.A. area) Do they exist here.

700 REPEATER SYSTEM   SAN PEDRO, California

Covers from San Pedro to Santa Monica.  You're right in the middle and should be able to hear this on your MTX275 just fine. 

It is listed on the repeater"MyGMRS.com Repeaters sectionfor more information like CTCSS codes etc...  Just thought I'd take a look as I was stationed in Long Beach back in the early 1970s...  a lifetime ago.

Link: 

https://mygmrs.com/view?id=4176