Hotspot

mmagic4u

Editor's note, the linked site runs a network that runs against FCC rules. Furthermore, they have been contacting our network users to try to bring them over to their network, sometimes by offering help and logging into their node and switching them over. I strongly recommend you steer clear of them, and certainly we won't tolerate cross-linking between the two networks as it has caused problems.

I think the closest thing to what you're asking is a "simplex node" connected to the linked GMRS repeater network.

For an example have a look here. It looks like a modified Baofeng BF-888S UHF radio was used. These radios go for $15 or less on-line.

https://gmrs1.yolasite.com/

Editor's note, the linked site runs a network that runs against FCC rules. Furthermore, they have been contacting our network users to try to bring them over to their network, sometimes by offering help and logging into their node and switching them over. I strongly recommend you steer clear of them, and certainly we won't tolerate cross-linking between the two networks as it has caused problems.

Just for my info what FCC rules are they violating?

Just for my info what FCC rules are they violating?

They are selling modified Part 90 Baofeng radios (poor quality ones at that) as the simplex transmitter. That's in violation of the Part 95 certification requirements, for one.

I also don't know the legality of holding bingo over the air, which it looks like they removed mention of on the website. I don't recall if they were playing for a cash prize or if it was just "for fun" but that brings interstate gambling rules into question.