How to enter in a frequency on the MXT400​

openskies2009

I looked on the manual, and I still do not know how to dial in a frequency without a tone. Anyone have a MXT400, I am testing out the WRFV232 at 462.550 MHz. What channel? What CTCSS code do I go to?

Page 23 describes "HOW TO" reset the unit/radio back to "all original settings" in case you aren't too familiar with fixing ya screw-ups.  Follow those steps to begin, they work.

To dial in a frequency find the channel number first.  Turn the radio on and turn the big knob to that channel number.  No tones have been set for that channel/frequency until you hit the CTCSS/DCS buttons on the face. 

Example:

A quick way to remove a CTCSS/DCS code is to go the channel as before, and find there has been a code assigned say 141.3 (22) to that channel.  Just press the CTCSS button three timse and wipes (clears) the Tone code off that channel.

From the Owners Manual:
NOTE: Pressing the TS/DCS button, three times while using CTCSS
tones and twice while using DCS codes, will disable the Privacy settings.

NOTE: If you select a CTCSS Privacy Code, any pre-selected DCS
Privacy Code will be cancelled, and vice-versa.

NOTE: If a DCS Privacy Tone is selected and you want to assign a
CTCSS tone you will be taken out of the privacy tone menu and forced to
start the selection process from the begining.

The MXT 400 uses a Channel Number, instead of a frequency setting on the screen. 

Look to Owners Manual page 25 for a list of the frequencies and how they coorespond to the channel numbers.

CTCSS and DCS codes are located on page 26.

Gets a bit confusing looking for a frequency without the charts, I know.  The same applies for the CTCSS & DCS frequencies as they too are named as a Code or Number on the chart.

Edited by H8SPVMT

If you are try to hit a repeater, 1) You need to turn the repeater function on through the menu options. 2) Set the channel to the corresponding frequency, found on the chart in the manual. 3) Enter the CTCSS or DCS code for that repeater.

Find that CTCSS/DCS code on the myGMRS map, or contact the repeater owner for the code if not listed.

I think it odd that the frequency's are represented by Channel Numbers and all the CTCSS/DCS are in shown in their decimal format.

I don't  mind that but I do have to look up the frequency of the individual channels often.  The CTCSS/DCS are easy to use when scrolling through with the dial.