• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • LocationVancouver, WA
  • GMRS Callsign:WRHW845

Posted 02 December 2020 - 06:12 AM

Gman1971, just give it up already.

Moderator's edit: "...I disagree"

Sorry moderators, ...but someone had to say it.

I notice Gman1971 is SELLING a lot of items... I guess it doesn't hurt to advertise for a yard sale. Is he giving up on GMRS or did he get a notice of noncompliance from the FCC? Just curious...

Thank you and 73...

O-B-1

"If you have learned nothing new this day, you have wasted the whole day." -MSgt David Hollis, USAF

#22 mbrun

mbrun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRHS965
  • Ham Callsign:KE8PLM

Posted 02 December 2020 - 06:56 AM

I notice Gman1971 is SELLING a lot of items... I guess it doesn't hurt to advertise for a yard sale. Is he giving up on GMRS or did he get a notice of noncompliance from the FCC? Just curious...

The gist of his many posts was that he saw the light (so to speak) when he discovered that the premium brands of radios (e.g. Motorola and others) truly do substantially outperform all of the CCR he ever purchased and tested. He was trying to help all of us see the light also. It seems a logical decision to hold on to the high performing radios he found and sell the rest that don’t live up to expectations.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • SteveC7010 and kb2ztx like this

Michael

WRHS965

KE8PLM

#23 gman1971

gman1971

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 December 2020 - 08:01 PM

That is correct, mbrun... thank you.

Not giving up on GMRS.... why would I?  I am selling a lot of my radios b/c I want to consolidate, so all the XPR7550e and SL7550 radios that I've recently acquired... those stay, aka the new Motorolian Imperial Fleet. Also, a lot of the radios I am selling aren't really the lowest of the barrel I own either. For example, the EVX-539 is not a CCR by any stretch of the imagination, but the XPR7550e won the contest, for several reasons other than just better performance. For example, I can't deal with having 10 different codeplugs anymore, nor 10 different CPS, 10 different battery chargers, 10 different prog cables... etc. So everything non Motorola XPR gen2 will have to go at some point or another. I debated whether to keep the XPR6550s Gen1 radios, but I figured I might just sell them as well... maybe these can help others see the light the way they helped me see the light... 

Oh, and there is also two more Alinco MD5 DMR/FM radios up for grabs as well. I just forgot to put them on the "yard sale" post...  

G.

The gist of his many posts was that he saw the light (so to speak) when he discovered that the premium brands of radios (e.g. Motorola and others) truly do substantially outperform all of the CCR he ever purchased and tested. He was trying to help all of us see the light also. It seems a logical decision to hold on to the high performing radios he found and sell the rest that don’t live up to expectations.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• mbrun likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users