Christmas QSO Idea

santospi1

Hello my name is Santos (WRJB937) and late one day (THU Dec 17) while talking with Darren (WRCU527) and he came up with Idea of a Christmas QSO for those that cannot be with family or want hang out with fellow GMRS users. 

Part of the idea is to set random groups thru out the nation so that we can communicate with people who we would not normally talk to.

So the point of this post is to try to get people who might not have plans interested and getting monitoring for the Christmas QSO. Any feed back will be great. 

V/r

M. Santos

WRJB937

wrjb937@gmx.com

Tucson, AZ (soon: Dubuque, IA)

Hi Santos,

So, can we do this over the linked GMRS network too?

G.

I was just going to mention this. I'll check with Net Control on Sunday. Perhaps they can make a mention and see what comes up, though it will likely be regional. I believe if we did a nation wide QSO it would likely be a long wait to get in.

I was just going to mention this. I'll check with Net Control on Sunday. Perhaps they can make a mention and see what comes up, though it will likely be regional. I believe if we did a nation wide QSO it would likely be a long wait to get in.

One thought that was discussed last night on the Tucson side was unlinking our local repeaters from each other and having each different repeater be connected to a different regional hub and in turn to different repeaters or groups throughout the country so things are intentionally mixed. This way users can 'shop around' between different repeaters so one link channel doesn't get gummed up with a couple folks chewing the rag. Rather than treating the hubs as territorial they'd be tie-in points for any repeater anywhere in the country for this event.

We normally like to keep things linked consistently since it's useful for folks with local traffic; but since this would be a special event for a half day or something it's not too much to ask on our end. It's certainly one way to address the lack of 'voice bandwidth' through a single link.

myGMRS Christmas QSO Party 2020!

One thought that was discussed last night on the Tucson side was unlinking our local repeaters from each other and having each different repeater be connected to a different regional hub and in turn to different repeaters or groups throughout the country so things are intentionally mixed. This way users can 'shop around' between different repeaters so one link channel doesn't get gummed up with a couple folks chewing the rag. Rather than treating the hubs as territorial they'd be tie-in points for any repeater anywhere in the country for this event.

We normally like to keep things linked consistently since it's useful for folks with local traffic; but since this would be a special event for a half day or something it's not too much to ask on our end. It's certainly one way to address the lack of 'voice bandwidth' through a single link.

myGMRS Christmas QSO Party 2020!

This is what I figured would best. Thank you David for making more clear. I try to bring it up on Sunday so we can get more input...