Need suggestions - Cannot reach repeater

danphuffman

I'm stumped and need suggestions on what else to try.  I'm using the exact same radio, cable, antenna mount and antenna at my fathers house (10 miles away) as I have at my house.  I've also programmed the radios exactly the same.  I can hit two nearby repeaters from my house loud and clear.  I can hear the repeater very clearly from my fathers house but CANNOT reach the repeater when trying to transmit.  Here's the catch.... I can hit the repeater from his driveway from my mobile mounted in the truck.

-Base station/Mobile connected to J Pole antenna mounted on roof.

-Have tried changing to a different radio, cable and antenna to confirm no hardware issues.

Is it possible the antenna on the roof is being blocked by something along the way or am I missing something???  

First thing that comes to mind is your PL code for Tx is not set or wrong one.  Have you put your home radio to your father house using his setup (cable, antenna etc)?  

Jack

Edit:  Did you do this: -Have tried changing to a different radio, cable and antenna to confirm no hardware issues.

I forgot to add that I had hitting the repeater with same radio and the bad radio kept forgetting to save code after turning off.  Reinstalled factory setting and changed PL code and all is well.

I'm stumped and need suggestions on what else to try.  I'm using the exact same radio, cable, antenna mount and antenna at my fathers house (10 miles away) as I have at my house.  I've also programmed the radios exactly the same.  I can hit two nearby repeaters from my house loud and clear.  I can hear the repeater very clearly from my fathers house but CANNOT reach the repeater when trying to transmit.  Here's the catch.... I can hit the repeater from his driveway from my mobile mounted in the truck.

-Base station/Mobile connected to J Pole antenna mounted on roof.

-Have tried changing to a different radio, cable and antenna to confirm no hardware issues.

Is it possible the antenna on the roof is being blocked by something along the way or am I missing something???  

You are welcome... It took me a week plus over the holidays to find help as dealer was closed... It's an old computer think.. Delete and start over.  Since I was a newbie the owner of repeater spent time educating me.  

The CTCSS code shows up correctly in the manual menu.  I'll try with my radio at his location and if that works I'll factory reset and reinstall the programming on his.  Thanks for that advice.