BuyTwoWayRadios.com

Photo

Frequency--meter for tracking people. Within handheld .

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 JUSTIN599

JUSTIN599

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRJK599

Posted 12 January 2021 - 09:58 PM

So as everyone probably knows by now we are all having an issue with a person that is literally calling and keying up on ham frequencies /GMRS repeater frequencies playing music. Being noisy asking inappropriate questions. And also making fun of people. I currently live in Garnet valley Pennsylvania on 322 I use of my local repeater. And every time I key up and say my call signed someone tends to be waiting at the end every time for me knowing that it's probably the guy that we're looking for.. anyway has anyone heard of a frequency meter for like tracking driving around through towns I believe I know where it's coming from. but I just want to know if anyone has an idea of what I'm talking about. It's really bugging me how people. Don't really know who this guy is you know this person thinks it's all one person. But really it's a group of guys that's literally acting like unexpected.. .. for example playing fire tones on gmrs how a legal is that. To me that's illegal. But me being a witness. And knowing that. Technically this guy is just out for trouble I'm just asking if there's a tool out there I can use to see what this Guy's real location is .

#2 Lscott

Lscott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRBZ532
  • Ham Callsign:KC8LDO

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:49 PM

This should give you a good idea how it’s done. http://docshare01.do...5/284656602.pdf

#3 JUSTIN599

JUSTIN599

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:56 PM

Lscott thank you. If you were in my area man you will not believe what I'm dealing with. Unfortunately everyone else who is listening around on network systems don't really know what I'm going through right now. basically I have a guy that's literally tormenting me on a repeater. That I technically use for my radio guys only. And this person name unknown is not valid FCC license doesn't even give a name out just plays on the systems and just being dumb. For example like playing fire tones calling me a firefighter which I was a firefighter before but basically just making fun. And a lot of guys down my way are just about had it to just end it and get all this guy real hard. just a matter of time till we get the ball dropped on him . Because unfortunately the FCC is not going to do anything. Basically it's getting left on me and everyone else to look for it. Which from me listening to other people. Say that this guy is pretty dangerous. .

#4 Lscott

Lscott

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRBZ532
  • Ham Callsign:KC8LDO

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:08 PM

One other suggestion is look for a local Ham Radio club. Many have a sport called “fox hunting” where the goal is to local a hidden transmitter. Some of the people are VERY good at it. They might like to help out. Nothing to loose by asking.
  • eritzman likes this

#5 JUSTIN599

JUSTIN599

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 11:21 PM

Lscott that's a really good idea. I never knew about that..

#6 WRAK968

WRAK968

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRAK968
  • Ham Callsign:KC2YQW

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:37 AM

http://www.kn2c.us/

Ive been thinking of getting one of these as I also had a similar incident with repeated jamming. I also enjoy doing some fox hunting as well, but the price is a lil up there for me unfortunately :(

#7 JUSTIN599

JUSTIN599

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 08:19 AM

WRAK968
It's probably the weirdos that we're dealing with on the East Coast here. Who is calling himself names making fun of people. Playing music on the radio copying people's MDC ID yesterday was on 575 repeater for my local and this guy I was literally calling me firefighter Justin which I don't really appreciate because I'm not a firefighter used to be. But he gets really involved with thinking it's all of us guys doing stuff but really he's just trying to get himself out. I know man the ball can get dropped one day on this guy . I just got to get this device somehow so I can get this guy. Fortunately the FCC is not going to step in even though there's complaints in. But they're not going to care about it... And it's not just my local repeater. . that's having this unexpected unknown user probably with a Motorola /UV82 or UV5R playing fire tones and teasing all of us fire guys..

#8 WQXP640

WQXP640

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • GMRS Callsign:WQXP640

Posted 13 January 2021 - 09:06 AM

Justin,
I may include this very well may be the same group or individual that may have caused interference and such just a few years ago on my repeater. I simply ignore it, and shut the repeaters transmit off. When you acknowledge them and harass them back you just feed the fire. Instead of wasting your own personal man hours, I would strongly suggest using a repeater controller and forget it. Just my .02, Used to do fox hunts on the citizens band many years ago, and it was a group of kids and adults! Take your pick and save your time for you and what you enjoy, JUST IGNORE THEM or turn the transmit off for a certain amount of time, let your crew know when it comes back on etc, keep everyone in your group in the loop. Again it’s your personal time, use it wisely
  • JUSTIN599 likes this

#9 JUSTIN599

JUSTIN599

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:00 AM

WQXP640
Thanks I'll keep That remembered..

#10 WRAK968

WRAK968

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • GMRS Callsign:WRAK968
  • Ham Callsign:KC2YQW

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:25 PM

I know it sucks. The guy I had would key his radio and hold until the TOT on the repeater tripped, then would key it again. he would do this especially when people were using the repeater. Now my repeater is linked with a second system, so he was in fact jamming two repeaters at once, and with the Sunday nets and the Mygmrs network being accessible through my repeater, I made the call to use split tones and not to publish the input. It sucks that people abuse stuff the way they do. I know our old analog work radios kept being used by NYC taxi companies. When they would drop someone off, they would key our repeater to talk back to their base. Even after being told law enforcement and emergency services use the repeater, and several direct warnings, they kept doing it, and the FCC didn't lift a finger to do anything. Wasn't till a local cop caught them and gave em the riot act that they finally stopped.

#11 JUSTIN599

JUSTIN599

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 03:31 PM

WRAK968
Yep we will get though it. we all might have bad experiences right now on repeaters. But light coming soon hopefully. To end It . All over.

#12 JUSTIN599

JUSTIN599

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 09:10 PM

I have never had a bad experience in GMRS in my life.. I can't take this anymore
  • JUSTIN599 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users