FTL600 is Down for now.; Fort Lauderdale FL.

Logan5

Construction is almost done at my new house, but the pad for the tower is still not installed., Our neighbor is in a frenzy over our construction and for the time being, and until the proper tower structure is final, it was best to remove the temporary setup. I have almost a dozen licensed users that will have to wait for now. I have a communications lawyer who is handling all the paper work and we should be ready to pour concrete in the next week or so. This was not an easy decision, but is best for the long haul. hopefully not more than 2 weeks. ****73's....

• 1 month later...

Well so much for 2 weeks. I returned FTL600 to service yesterday, again on a temporary mast. apx 25' to ground plane. Still working on the tower, the lawyer wants another 1400.00 to make it happen. I decided against running ldf5, so I am going to stick to LMR600 apx 80feet with one end to end splice at 8' so the tower can be retracted or tilted over for hurricanes. Much work still to be done.

WOW - not to be too nosey but just curious - what is the issue with the lawyer ?  zoning ?  people objecting to an antenna tower on your property ?

Just curious - I am going to building in citrus county in the next few months and eventually it will include a tower and repeater.

Dan

Fort Lauderdale is very populated, Only one complaint, but she complains about everybody and everything. The lawyer is to confirm to code that I meet all requirements for the FAA and the FCC. I refuse to allow anyone to stop me. Our HOA is voluntary so there are no rules that prevent installing a tower, just code wants to make it as difficult as possible. 

Logan5,

Very Good!   Would she rather see another Cell Phone Tower planted next to her property?  At least with your tower she will not be glowing, in her sleep.   Also if your neighbor is trying to call, Johnny during a Hurricane Cell Phones just don't have it. Up here, in NJ

during Hurricane Sandy many hours before that got here, all cellular users had a very hardtime communicating. It was a big failure

even when your a government employee.  So maybe she will see what this is all about, when the FAM gets afftected.

Nope, She and her whole family (everyone in that house) is crazy, unreasonable whack job's, they have made WAR with everyone on our street. other neighbors have 3 law suits with them. they are a blight. unfortunately I am the one that has to pay extra. They are very unhappy people, that think they are Big Shots.

Logan - so sorry to hear of your blight - I keep reading and learning from your experience and will be reaching out to you as a resource when I am ready to put a tower & repeater up.  I should not have neighbor problems as I will be somewhat isolated.

Good luck and keep us posted !

Dan