Great people

terry205

I agree, I had issue with my 805G and they offered to exchange it and I said wait let me restore from factory backup first... That fixed it, so called back and told them all is well.    

They where ready to stand behide products they sell.  That why I keep coming back.

Jack

Guess I could have tried restore to factory but they were quick to request it back.  Only PF1 "SCAN" not working was my issue.  It's on it's way to BTWR now.

O well, it may have fixed it but BTWR will determine that as a fix.  That is why they wanted my CHIRP factory backup to send to others in need.  So I have file for both 805G and 905G if anyone needs it.

Jack

Guess I could have tried restore to factory but they were quick to request it back.  Only PF1 "SCAN" not working was my issue.  It's on it's way to BTWR now.

BTWR did me right. They got a shipment of mislabeled 1000G and I was a lucky recipient of a KG-UV980P labeled as the 1000g.  Identical radios but I figure the 1000G is just firmware locked to GMRS.    I called BTWR and they they were very quick to ship the correct radio and a return label.  I've made a couple purchased with them namely 805G's and the 1000G plus power supply for base station, always fast shipping (when stuff is in stock), good tracking, everything arrives well packaged, and my one issue was met with a real human answering the phone and having real answers to my questions that result in quick corrective actions!   Yes, will keep buying from BTWR.com! 

Side note: it might have been a genius sales plot because I got to play around with the 980P for a week waiting on return label and the 1000G, now I want my Ham ticket and a KG-UV980P :)