What do you need to link to Network

WRMD1213

OK I will bit...WRAK968

I just want to hear / monitor the GMRS conversation for entertainment purpose.  So how does Zello work and it this the right venue?

Thanks in advance for education us.

Jack

The easiest way is to find a linked repeater with a Zello connection like the Bronx Zoo or Keasbey700 repeaters (Finding a repeater in your local area would likely help you more though) You'll need to have a Zello account and contact the repeater owner with your username. They may ask for more information however they will give you the information you will need to connect via Zello.

There are a very limited number of repeaters with this feature.

OK now I'm getting educated.  So where do I find repeater in my area that are on Zello?  I have Channels for gmrs 24 connected and for mygmrs discounted.  Where do I go from here to find others....

OK to PM if we need to talk about it.  Afterwards I will then tell all what I'm missing in understanding for their good.

Thanks, you took the bait to help us folks who only know a fraction of what you know.

Thanks,

Jack

The easiest way is to find a linked repeater with a Zello connection like the Bronx Zoo or Keasbey700 repeaters (Finding a repeater in your local area would likely help you more though) You'll need to have a Zello account and contact the repeater owner with your username. They may ask for more information however they will give you the information you will need to connect via Zello.

There are a very limited number of repeaters with this feature.

"OK now I'm getting educated.  So where do I find repeater in my area that are on Zello?  I have Channels for gmrs 24 connected and for mygmrs discounted.  Where do I go from here to find others...."

You need to look at the map and see what repeaters are in the area. If they are networked they will usually say so in the notes, same with Zello connections.

"OK to PM if we need to talk about it.  Afterwards I will then tell all what I'm missing in understanding for their good"

Theres no need to PM, I rather get this out in the open to avoid "accusations."

"Thanks, you took the bait to help us folks who only know a fraction of what you know."

When I joined, I had to learn quite a bit myself. This includes doing my own research when a question is repeatedly asked, for instance searching "networked repeaters" on the forums. When you give smart-ass comments like this, you end up discouraging those of us who do have information available. The question originally asked was "how to connect to the national network." This has been discussed several times and even I have discussed how to find such repeaters using the MyGMRS page several times. It takes up server space and time to have to repeat myself.

As for helping, I gave the same answer, DO THE RESEARCH. This isn't difficult. You've found your way to this forum and site which is a great resource. We know your not some dumb guy who can't use a simple search function, and honestly if you are that guy, you likely shouldn't be on the radio at all as you likely do not know or care enough to use these resources properly.

Simply put, when I say do the research, the information is readily available to find. Then if there is a technical question, for instance the node is not hearing your command codes, then we can try and help troubleshoot. Its not rocket science to simply read.