Looking for a GMRS Mentor in the Queens/Nassau County L.I./N.Y. Area

Radioboy1962

Hi Folks,

By way of introduction, my name is JT (WRKZ907) from Great Neck, Long Island, N.Y.  I'm a newbie to this hobby and just recently purchased a

Radioddity GM-30 GMRS Radio, while awaiting delivery of my Wouxun KG-905G's to arrive.  I figured I'd get my feet wet learning how to use the

GM-30, which seems to have a rich set of features, one in particular I would have liked to have seen on the  KG-905G, which is the NOAA monitoring.

Anyway - as I stated, I'm totally new to this, and I'm doing my best to ramp up to speed on my own, but I find interacting with others has always been a great way for me to learn things, and in particular - trying to understand how to program the tones for repeaters with the Radioddity GM-30, both manually and/or via the software for the device.

Don't know if anyone out there in myGMRS last would be willing to help mentor this newbie & provide some assistance in helping me come up to speed and understand how this repeater stuff works, and would be willing to spend a little time with me, ideally someone in the Queens/Nassau area would be great, so we could possibly communicate together on air, but I'm happy to accept any assistance from you fine folks if your available & willing.

Thanks in advance for any input or resources you folks can point me to or provide.

I've already received some kind assistance from the friendly folks on the forums, & look forward to one day being able to return the courtesy to new members as well.

Kindly,

`JTL

WRKZ907

JT, welcome to the GMRS family, as a fellow newbie back in Nov.  I'm willing to help you..  I have many mentor and coaches since I started.  Now I'm in Western NC but lived for years in Northwest NJ and worked in NYC some 30 years ago.  

I can not speak to GM-30 but I have a 905G and love it... So do you have any repeaters in your area and are you signed up?  Who in your family will be using the radio, e.g. teaching the grand kids proper radio on FRS channels.  Feel free to PM me with your reply.

Jack

Hi Folks,

By way of introduction, my name is JT (WRKZ907) from Great Neck, Long Island, N.Y.  I'm a newbie to this hobby and just recently purchased a

Radioddity GM-30 GMRS Radio, while awaiting delivery of my Wouxun KG-905G's to arrive.  I figured I'd get my feet wet learning how to use the

GM-30, which seems to have a rich set of features, one in particular I would have liked to have seen on the  KG-905G, which is the NOAA monitoring.

Anyway - as I stated, I'm totally new to this, and I'm doing my best to ramp up to speed on my own, but I find interacting with others has always been a great way for me to learn things, and in particular - trying to understand how to program the tones for repeaters with the Radioddity GM-30, both manually and/or via the software for the device.

Don't know if anyone out there in myGMRS last would be willing to help mentor this newbie & provide some assistance in helping me come up to speed and understand how this repeater stuff works, and would be willing to spend a little time with me, ideally someone in the Queens/Nassau area would be great, so we could possibly communicate together on air, but I'm happy to accept any assistance from you fine folks if your available & willing.

Thanks in advance for any input or resources you folks can point me to or provide.

I've already received some kind assistance from the friendly folks on the forums, & look forward to one day being able to return the courtesy to new members as well.

Kindly,

`JTL

WRKZ907