New to GMRS

forbiddenone

Thank you MacJack!
I was having a hard time trying to get the KG-905G programed and then got it figured out. Self teaching is the only way for ol' dogs to learn anything.
BTW, Nice Jeep! The green Jeep is my old 2010 and the gray one is my newest. Both have a blower but the 3.6L is a much better power plant.

F1.JPG

Jeep.jpg

5 hours ago, forbiddenone said:

Thank you MacJack!
I was having a hard time trying to get the KG-905G programed and then got it figured out. Self teaching is the only way for ol' dogs to learn anything.
BTW, Nice Jeep! The green Jeep is my old 2010 and the gray one is my newest. Both have a blower but the 3.6L is a much better power plant.

I agree but sometimes "old dogs" need help.  No shame in asking, I had to.  

I like your Jeep upgrades, I held back as my 12 yo grand daughter will be learning to drive soon and keep it stock to help her out. It is the same thing I did for her mom and aunt in my 20 Jeep.  Hours on hours driving the back roads to no where and getting lost.  Glad I had my gps back then.  

MacJack

5 hours ago, Landshark said:

Welcome, I am new to the GRMS world as well, just installed a KG-1000g in my Jeep and will be using a 905g as the handheld with the Jeep. Mine is 2019 JLUR

Welcome, nice Jeep... now tell me about that KG-1000G mount and what antenna and where did you mount it...  What is all the other stuff you have mounted.  Sorry GMRS folks, it is a Jeep thing.

MacJack

Congrats, 

I use to be admin of FB Arkansas Jeeps till FB banned me. 
I was a big on GMRS for Jeep rides, so much nicer than CB's no interference, even suggested HAM too, for emergency, at least one person. 
Be surprised what 2M Repeaters you can hit, if you have an emergency. 
Locally my area not many people use GMRS for around town. 
Local Jail uses it, lol, talking between cell blocks. 
I made a mount for a magnet mount antenna attached to the third brake light. 

IMG_20201223_164437_128.jpg

IMG_20200910_181858041_BURST000_COVER.jpg

3 hours ago, MacJack said:

Welcome, nice Jeep... now tell me about that KG-1000G mount and what antenna and where did you mount it...  What is all the other stuff you have mounted.  Sorry GMRS folks, it is a Jeep thing.

MacJack

Thanks, most of that stuff is mounted on a 67Design rail, From Left to right is my phone holder, GR Pro mount, Valetine Radar detector, mic holder and Garmin overland nav unit, the KG-1000G head unit is on a 67Design mount and arm that I modified, I am going back in forth between a Midkand ghost antenna and a Nagoya NL-770G with a NMO to UHF adapter both using a midland magnetic NMO mount, which is stuck to metal disk I mounted on my rack. I also added a LIdo mic mount to the roof of the jeep to bring the mike closer if needed. As to the Jeep there is a long list of mods to that

16BB489E-7852-4E67-9D85-2E7B4F2B8949.JPEG

Mic alt.jpg