Chirp 905G

terry205

If Chirp does not work, I would be happy to chat with you about running Windows on your Mac as I have done since the late 1990s

So far every CPS software that requires Windows that I have experimented with runs on XP on my Mac but I have Windows 10 installed as well when the day comes that I need it. 

Since I discovered DMR, I enjoy writing Codeplugs: I have posted 3 on the SoCal PAPA repeater system website. 

Is there a way on chirp to program my 905 only have a mac don’t have a windows unit

Chirp does not yet support the 905G. RTSystems reportedly plans to release a version of its software that does. So the only option CPS I know of for configuring the 905G is the manufacturer’s software. Running the manufacturer software using windows emulation software on MAC is the only way I believe there is to do it yourself.

BTW, the 905Gs firmware is substantially different from other Wouxun radios supported by Chirp, so attempting to use a driver for a different model may lead to undesirable results.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

On 8/20/2021 at 3:56 AM, terry205 said:

Thank you very much will be off working for a bit will get intuch win i get back thank you very much

I downloaded the Wouxun 905G software and took a look at it.  It is very similar to other CPS software.

I did notice a mistake:

At location G4-1, also known as RPT-15, the receive frequency should be 462.550 and not 462.500 as entered.  

The transmit frequency is correctly listed as 467.550.

905g.jpg

On 8/20/2021 at 3:48 AM, mbrun said:

Running the manufacturer software using windows emulation software on MAC is the only way I believe there is to do it yourself.

There is another way, if he has an Intel based Mac: a Macintosh system known as Bootcamp, that will run Windows natively on his Mac.

But I prefer and recommend emulation (I prefer Parallels), so as to be able to run both Mac and Windows side by side (for example, to create the screenshot I used in the last message in Windows and then insert it into this Forum on Safari in Mac).

• 4 months later...

Check the port first; my 805g has a rubber layer inside that's a bit askew, and can prevent full seating of the plug if I'm not careful.

If that isn't the issue, reach out to BTWR, and see if they'll be willing to swap out the cable...if the cable or plug are the issue, it isn't going to matter if you use wouxun's software or chirp because the physical line of communication is broken.

• 4 weeks later...

Even on Windows, you'll need to follow this workaround to get it to see your port:

1. Run "KG-905G.exe" in Windows 8 Compatibility mode
  2. Some users also recommend running in Administrator Mode
  3. Some users have to go into Device Manager and assign the device to Port 1 manually 

BTWR posted more detail (that they should have included in the box):
https://www.buytwowayradios.com/blog/2021/05/how-to-install-the-programming-cable-and-software-for-the-kg-905g.html

edit: 
Also, nothing (Wouxun s/w, CHIRP, etc) will see the radio without the driver installed.  This should come on a CD with your cable but you can download "CP210x Universal Windows Driver" from https://www.silabs.com/developers/usb-to-uart-bridge-vcp-drivers

Edited by WRPC709
more detail