Chirp- BTech 50X1

1977Hahn

Question

9 answers to this question

2 hours ago, 1977Hahn said:

This chirp software is not dummy old guy friendly I am having a huge issue trying to add a repeater channel that is split tx/ RX with ccts  can one give me a step by step how to add the channel?

Thank you 

so..bad news up front: anything you add beyond the 30 it's preprogrammed with will be RX only (I found out the hard way). you can still add custom receive channels, and run it dual watch with the REPTXX channel you'd need to transmit on.  what part are you getting stuck on?

If it's the setup within the software:

Chirp's site has a "beginner's guide" here: https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/Beginners_Guide

the one i found most helpful is the descriptions of the columns: https://chirp.danplanet.com/projects/chirp/wiki/MemoryEditorColumns

miklor.com has some good guides to Chirp as well: https://www.miklor.com/COM/UV_CHIRP.php#guides

if it's more an install issue with the computer, as Michael mentioned, more information on your system will help.  if it's setup, give us a litlte more about what's giving you problems and maybe we can better guide you.

2 hours ago, 1977Hahn said:

I guess my problem might be I put it in channel slot 31 instead of modifying ch 30 is That correct? 

If the problem is not being able to transmit, yes, that's the issue....it will not transmit on 31 (or anything above 30).

For 462.725/467.725, use rept 22 (ch 30) and set your 141.3 pl on that. You can do it with chirp or the radio's menu, whichever is easier (I believe it's menu item "t-ctcs")

Sample CHIRP (since I do not have the 50x1; ignore that this is for my HT)

50x1.jpg

It is always a good idea that when you use CHIRP for the first time, do a DOWNLOAD FROM RADIO and save it as "original" or "default" so that you have the original settings that came with your rig. Also, this "primes" your CHIRP file with the other settings that came with your rig, such as backlight, beep, etc.

Then do a SAVE AS and give it another name (I like to use "50x1 202109282045" so that I can always tell from the date and time which is the most current as I resave to a new name when I make changes) and then make your additions to the file, such as 725 repeater in Channel 30 and then do a SAVE again.

Then do a UPLOAD TO RADIO to put these settings into your rig. ?

@1977Hahn here's a quick grab from my 50x1, to give an idea of what the working channels look like (in my case it's REPT16 and REPT18). 

The sample screen @MichaelLAXshowed above is pretty close to an actual download from my radio.. I've filled in ch 30 with the 141.3 and "Tone" for the tone mode to show the settings you mentioned above. 

GMRS50x1.png