Simplex repeater dual antena seperation

truevil

Question

Hello all, this is my first post.

I am newly licensed and just into this for just over a week. I was thinking of building a small simplex repeater to cover the 180 acres I live on.

My question is what is the proper distance I need to place the two antennas from each other?  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I have read many threads on here over the last few days, but I have yet to find this answer.

Best regards.

we used the m1225 in boats for years and they always performed.  i love the pm 400's since they come loaded with all the pl's.  Great for gmrs.  quaterwave, i've got a saber, sva or ava, and amp........thats what you need.     

I have tried alot of them....HT600, P100, P200, HT1000, MT1000, P110, GP300, P1225, Visar. A good HT600 was hard to beat...and I like the P1225 most. I was assigned a new Gp300 when I worked for M. 8F later converted to 16F...UHF as we used M Community repeaters all over the place. I still have it! 

I have seen those, doesn't look hard to do. One of the contacts goes straight through the battery. I do know there are some chargers with 3 pins, and some with 4, essentially one is missing on the 3 pin. I have like 12-13, I should look at them. 

I believe we were using GP300 chargers. So I'm pretty sure those are only 3 pin (I'll go check though).