hello everyone from north jersey! - GMRS ch6 sending "054

Steve

first of all, i'm new here, just got my ham a few weeks ago and that's working out great... But i'm also interested in GMRS for keeping in touch with my kids at home and maybe set up a portable repeater for when we go camping in PA.  So i'm interested in building a GMRS repeter for at home, and for portable use.... I can set up a new thread about that, but for now, i'm just introducing myself and saying a little bit about me.

I also noticed that there is a DTMF tone of "054" getting broadcast every 30 seconds on GMRS-6 462.6750 all accross north jeresy.  from my home all the way to newark and it seems stronger the more i travel east on rt 80.   Its causing that ch to become totally usless.  does anyone konw why this is happening?   Its been doing this for weeks.

also, are there any clubs or GMRS repeaters near Ledgewood / Stanhope area?  

I'm having fun with HAM repetaers, but i'm looking for the GMRS people in my area, and I have not heard anything in weeks.  I'm up in the north west area of NJ.

-Steve

Hi, Steve and welcome to MyGMRS.... nice to have you with us and you will get some very good info here concerning your projected projects when you are ready to get started..

Regarding the 675 issue.... please refer to the forum link below for more info about it than you may wish to have...LOL...  ;)

https://forums.mygmrs.com/topic/260-interference-on-675/