Repeater Approval

WRPA400

Hey Guys new to myGMRS.com I have requested permission to use a couple repeaters in my local area and after a week of checking for approvals still nothing. What should I do just keep waiting or try submitting for approval again?

Thanks

WRPA400 Gold Bar, WA

Congratulations and Welcome!

In a somewhat controversial position, my attitude is that if the repeater listing here on myGMRS does not say Permission Required, I try to contact someone on the actual repeater and ask for details.

More often than not, they are friendly and are happy to let me know how to use their repeater.

I live in the greater Los Angeles area and sometimes go "war driving" for both GMRS and Ham repeaters, with my tone scanning HT and discovered many new repeater friends that way.

On the Ham side, I then send updated information to the CalTech (W6JPL) Southern California VHF/UHF Repeater Lists for their online listings.  There does not appear to be any such mechanism here on myGMRS for such updated information from the user and not the owner.