Strange happenings...

Muzic2Me

Question

My GMRS HT monitors only, 70cm and i have the listed receive tone for a freq in for a week and it worked fine. Over the weekend something has changed. It does not receive with that tone from that repeater in now. So, I have scanned-tone and its a diff. Rx tone. Now I can hear with the new RxTone. asked someone else to try using the original tone that I had previously used and it works on theirs......Any reason.did my stuff break a leg.?

Edited by Muzic2Me

43 minutes ago, MichaelLAX said:

While I was out at an appointment, looks like you got some great responses!

IT's coming along MichaelLAX. THanks!! Now I'm pondering. I'm studying for the Technician license now and trying to decide whether I spend on a GMRS mobile/base or go ahead and get a dual band. I would like to get both. I have been researching just how much wattage I can get by with for a GMRS mobile/base and still hit a repeater around Approx 30 miles. I see a lot of reviews on 5 watts HT reaching them, but that is with a good line of sight and high Antenna.. We shall see..........Thanks again for the info on my previous issue.