KG-1000g Mobile

Muzic2Me

My power supply came in today. It and my Coax cable are staring at each other waiting on the KG-1000g to arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing how it performs. I have been using a HT for the last 3 weeks tied to the Base antenna. Not too much excitement. The nearest repeater to me is 20 miles with tall hills in between us. I have charted it on a RF line of sight calculator and its 140' tower mounted and I'm 20'ish.I will definitely correct that issue. We will see if the base will push it out there a bit farther. In the meanwhile, studying up for the Amateur technicians' license.  I tell ya, when you fall into the radio hobby and wanting to go higher and stronger, one must work longer...and pay more..i guess i have the fever now.

I am currently using Ed Fongs UHF omni-directional antenna and I find no problems with it all, but any suggestions on a great qualtiy base station that is farther reaching and great quality? TRAM, Comets, etc......anyone?

I use the Comet CA-712EFC for GMRS. Has worked well for me over the last year. 9dBi of gain, and very well factory tuned. Not necessarily an appropriate antenna if you live in a valley and the repeater is on top of nearby mountain or vice-versa, but appropriate if the terrain is flat to moderately rolling.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

2 hours ago, mbrun said:

I use the Comet CA-712EFC for GMRS. Has worked well for me over the last year. 9dBi of gain, and very well factory tuned. Not necessarily an appropriate antenna if you live in a valley and the repeater is on top of nearby mountain or vice-versa, but appropriate if the terrain is flat to moderately rolling.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

Are they pretty sturdy in the wind?