Input/Output and TX/RX Confusing

WROZ873

New to GMRS and have the KG-395G, and I think I'm starting to confuse myself. 

When the repeater owner lists the Input and Output tones which ones correspond to the TX and RX tones on the radio? 

Also I have been noticing after I try and set a tones for specific channel the tone(s) tend to go back to being set to "Off". 

Thoughts? 

14 minutes ago, WROZ873 said:

When the repeater owner lists the Input and Output tones which ones correspond to the TX and RX tones on the radio? 

Also I have been noticing after I try and set a tones for specific channel the tone(s) tend to go back to being set to "Off". 

Thoughts? 

That’s because the KG-395 has the codes transposed from their KG-935! ?

I don’t recommend using receive tones at all except under exceptional conditions. Myself I almost never use them. I want to monitor any and all traffic on a channel. 

The only exceptions I have is one simplex frequency I use with a group of friends when out at large radio swap meets. The other is to block DMR traffic, from a hospital, when I’m just interested in the analog FM when monitoring a local mall security frequency. Both use the same UHF frequency.

Thoughts? 

When setting tones on Wouxun radios there is a specific sequence you must follow or your tones will not be saved.

Use the Menu button to access the function menu.
Use the rotary control, up/down buttons, or key pad to find the function menu item you want to change.
Press the Menu button to activate the function menu item.
Make you selection using the rotary control or up/down buttons.
Press the Menu button again to save your change.

Be aware that the Menu button serves as an “activate”, “select”, and “enter” button. Failing to press Menu after making a CTCSS or DCS value will result in you value not being saved.

A word of note. There is a mutually exclusive relationship between the two TX code types and the two RX codes. For example, if you set a TX CTCSS code, then go to the TX DCS function menu, active it and see that it is Off, it you then hit Menu to accept the displayed value, you are in effect clearly both TX CTCSS and TX DCS.

So, if you activate a function menu to see what value it has, it is best to get in the habit of hitting Exit, rather than Menu, if you did not make a change it. Of course, if you did change it, you must hit Menu to save your change.

Do some experimentation with the CTCSS and DCS menus and I am certain you will relate to what I am describing.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

1 hour ago, mbrun said:

When setting tones on Wouxun radios there is a specific sequence you must follow or your tones will not be saved.

Use the Menu button to access the function menu.
Use the rotary control, up/down buttons, or key pad to find the function menu item you want to change.
Press the Menu button to activate the function menu item.
Make you selection using the rotary control or up/down buttons.
Press the Menu button again to save your change.

Be aware that the Menu button serves as an “activate”, “select”, and “enter” button. Failing to press Menu after making a CTCSS or DCS value will result in you value not being saved.

A word of note. There is a mutually exclusive relationship between the two TX code types and the two RX codes. For example, if you set a TX CTCSS code, then go to the TX DCS function menu, active it and see that it is Off, it you then hit Menu to accept the displayed value, you are in effect clearly both TX CTCSS and TX DCS.

So, if you activate a function menu to see what value it has, it is best to get in the habit of hitting Exit, rather than Menu, if you did not make a change it. Of course, if you did change it, you must hit Menu to save your change.

Do some experimentation with the CTCSS and DCS menus and I am certain you will relate to what I am describing.

Michael
WRHS965
KE8PLM

Thank you.