Wouxun KG-1000G Clear CTCSS and DCS Tones

mhauss

I don’t have the KG-1000, but for many (perhaps most) transceivers using a tone involves two things: selecting the tone (separately for receive and transmit) and turning on the tone for receive and transmit.  I suspect you just turn the receive tone off for that channel; it still will have a value in it, but it won’t use it to filter incoming transmissions.

25 minutes ago, Sshannon said:

I don’t have the KG-1000, but for many (perhaps most) transceivers using a tone involves two things: selecting the tone (separately for receive and transmit) and turning on the tone for receive and transmit.  I suspect you just turn the receive tone off for that channel; it still will have a value in it, but it won’t use it to filter incoming transmissions.

https://www.buytwowayradios.com/downloads/dl/file/id/1411/product/5287/wouxun_kg_1000g_owners_manual.pdf

Menu 26 - set it to Off for receive CTCSS

Menu [26]: RX-CTC
Function: Sets the receiving CTCSS tone for each channel. Use the arrow keys to select, or keypad to enter the tone. 50 standard tones are supported as well as non-standard tones. See page 75 to learn how to enter non-standard tones.
Options: OFF/standard CTCSS/Non-standard CTCSS Default: OFF

So, use the arrow keys to select off.