Hello from New Jersey

WRPL668

Just wanted to say hi to all you professionals in GMRS land. I’m waiting for my Ocean 905G so I can start doing what you all do so well. Let me say I know nothing. Yup nothing. Viewed a few you tube videos an thought I’d try this hobby. I have had a license way back when with the CB craze years ago but moved on.  After I get my radio I will probably be asking a lot of dum questions but will read the manual front to back. Will appreciate any suggestions as I’m so lacking any knowledge.   Enough ranting as I just wanted to say hi.   HI. 
bob from N.J. - WRPL668

Love to do that. Remember I know nothing. Can you give me a start on doing that please?  Ive been scanning but no one is on now with the easy 22 channels.   My current goal is doing what you have suggested.  But I don’t know how. 
thanks - bob

i did find a local repeater in Middletown called River Plaza with WQLA648 owner but don’t know how on request permission to log on. 

1 hour ago, WRPL668 said:

i did find a local repeater in Middletown called River Plaza with WQLA648 owner but don’t know how on request permission to log on. 

River Plaza: Middletown, NJ - myGMRS.com

Occasional use welcome, long term use please ask.

Thanks.

6/10  Not sure how the frequency got changed, we're still "575".

10/12 Hurricane Sandy took the tower out.  The antenna is good and working off a 10' pipe on the side of the workshop.

11/12 Upgraded the GM500 repeater to a Quantar. repeater.  All is well, except for an occasional birdie in the tx audio.

12/12 Replaced the no name duplexer with a high power Celwave duplexer, nice clean tx audio now.

3/13 Aquired a new used but good 60 ish foot crank up tower,  Now to rebuild it with new cables and winch.

6/13 PL 103.5 (1A) added to the repeater for a friends use. Please, DO NOT USE.  This is being posted for frequency coordiation

TOM47 are you the owner of the River Plaza repeater?  I’ve requested permission to use that repeater but haven’t received permission yet.  I’ve not many options of repeaters so your/there’s repeater is important. If not please disregard this note sir. 
thanks - bob

4 hours ago, WRPL668 said:

TOM47 are you the owner of the River Plaza repeater?  I’ve requested permission to use that repeater but haven’t received permission yet.  I’ve not many options of repeaters so your/there’s repeater is important. If not please disregard this note sir. 
thanks - bob

NO. I HAVE NO REPEATERS, I AM IN AZ

BOB, HERE IS THE OWWNER:

User Profile: NJBILL

WQLA 648

NJBill

Username

WQLA648

Callsign

18 days ago

Last Login

Repeaters