How do I get access to repeaters in my area

dcobb4

My wife and me are new to gmrs. We are trying to figure this out and do everything according to the rules. We want to learn all we can from all you veteran gmrs users. There are three repeaters in my vicinity that are close enough that I am sure I would have no problem connecting to. They are ,Randolph 725: Wedowee, Al. Cleburne 700: Ranburne, Al. and Carrol 725: Roopville, GA. The owner is WRAN711.  Several days ago I left a request for access to all all three of these repeaters and have not gotten a response back. My question is does it usually take this long for a owner to respond.

The other issue is time. Not everyone is sitting home waiting for a request. Depending on the email it goes to they may only check it randomly, be on vacation or don't want to share the repeater. Give it some time and listen. None of them may be active or even on the air.

I  guess also read the descriptions -

Carol 725 - 

"This is going to be a solar power repeater. Located At The High School Field House. Since My Brother Is The Preacher Of A Church That Has A Private Christian School I'll Be Providing Weather Information To Them During Severe Weather. The Church Is Buying The Equipment & Six New GMRS NEW MEMBER WILL BE ON THIS REPEATER ALL FROM THE CHURCH....

Date scheduled to be up & running by 9/18/21

DON'T ASKED TO USE BECAUSE THE ANWSER WILL BE NOOOO"

Also being the user has not updated anything in 8 months my guess is some of them don't exist. 

Lastly according to the main page he has not logged in 2 months - https://mygmrs.com/user/WRAN711

Be pro 2A also

20 hours ago, dcobb4 said:

Thanks just do not want to make anyone mad.

Anecdotally, from my experience, just using repeaters that have tones listed on this website, I have never made anyone mad! 

Of course as @gortex2points out for Carrol 725, if the Repeater listing here on myGMRS says Permission Required, then they have clearly expressed a desire that it be private.

On 3/19/2022 at 9:33 AM, dcobb4 said:

My wife and me are new to gmrs. We are trying to figure this out and do everything according to the rules. We want to learn all we can from all you veteran gmrs users. There are three repeaters in my vicinity that are close enough that I am sure I would have no problem connecting to. They are ,Randolph 725: Wedowee, Al. Cleburne 700: Ranburne, Al. and Carrol 725: Roopville, GA. The owner is WRAN711.  Several days ago I left a request for access to all all three of these repeaters and have not gotten a response back. My question is does it usually take this long for a owner to respond.

Since you have the callsign of the owner, you can write a letter and send it to the address of record for that licensee.

You'll find the address of record on the FCC website's callsign lookup.

Be sure to provide a way for the owner to reach you with a response (return address, phone number, email address, etc.).