New Repeater - Wallingford Vermont

WRAM368

Check out the information at www.repeaterbuilder.com. It will go a long way to answering any questions you may have, but the first question you need to answer is what do you intend for your repeater? Will it be a local resource for family and friends or will it be for general use? What, and how much area do you want to cover? Finally, are you ready to spend between $300 and $2000 for a repeater?

11 minutes ago, BoxCar said:

Get a used Part 90 Moto repeater and run it at no more than 75% of its rated power with an antenna mounted as high as possible.

^ THIS...
I picked up a used Vertex 7000 for around $500 - it came with a duplexer that I had to pay to have tuned, but you can find them (or something similar) cheaper without a duplexer (then you'll need to buy a duplexer).. It works great and is designed to operate 24/7, in a wide variety of conditions/temperatures.. The thing is a workhorse.

On 3/20/2022 at 5:53 PM, WRAM368 said:

Hello all.  I am very interested in installing a new GMRS Repeater in Wallingford, VT

Please LMK when you get set up, I'm down in Jaffrey NH, would fun to try and connect via Keene NH Repeater. Try.   I have couple buddies in Windsor VT too who would be interested in connecting via GMRS repeaters too.