Wanted repeater controller with no tone cw id for GR300.

mikevman

Unless you already own a GR1225, it's usually not worth spending good money to buy one IMHO. For similar money, you can get a newer XPR8400 (Or Vertex EVX-R70 ) and for not much more, you can get an honest to goodness real 100% duty cycle MTR2000 that will put out 50+ watts all day long without burning up.

There's a lot of burned up GR1225's that end up on eBay, and even at their best, they were never going more than 25 watts if you wanted them to live.

I agree the GR series wasn't a power house but works well for a home GMRS repeater. I still have 6 of them on the air. All are 45 watt models moved down to 25. I wouldn't put them at a tower site with other equipment but we did have an LTR system with those for 15 years on the air with TPL PA. My only complaint with the XPR-8400 is its essentially the same as the GR series using 2 mobiles in the box. I have bought a few where the decks got swapped because one PA was burnt out. That's the biggest complaint with those. An MTR or Quantar is the best choice if you can swing it. 

-If you still want to use the GR repeater just spend $20 on a back to back radio cable and its back on the air. Its really only 3 wires that are used from each 16 pin. (Ground-Ground, PTT-COR, Mic High-Discriminator).